Author Topic: QtWorkbench plugin  (Read 232002 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: QtWorkbench plugin
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2007, 09:31:30 am »
The binary plugin is outdated. Current work is under svn in http://qtworkbench.googlecode.com/svn/branches/0.6/
I am trying to allocate some time to polish, update the documentation and release it. As I have posted earlier, binary plugin releases can become outdated due to core C::B changes. I know this is inconvenient but we 'll have to wait for a stable C::B release for a beta release.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Tipoun

« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2008, 11:31:35 pm »
Hi,

I compiled the last version of plugin for the nightly build. But it doesn't work...
Can you help me please ?

Regards

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2008, 08:30:25 am »
I compiled the last version of plugin for the nightly build. But it doesn't work...
Try removing "TIXML_USE_STL" from the compiler options (it's a define). This switch is obsolete for a long time now. Don't forget to re-build the plugin afterwards. Not build, but re-build.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2008, 09:41:14 am »
I 'll change that also in svn.

Tipoun

« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2008, 12:41:29 pm »
Try removing "TIXML_USE_STL" from the compiler options (it's a define). This switch is obsolete for a long time now. Don't forget to re-build the plugin afterwards. Not build, but re-build.
It doesn't work too... CodeBlocks doesn't arrive to load the dll.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2008, 01:44:57 pm »
A new version is available 0.6.0 alpha. A binary release for windows is available. I 'm working on the linux source tarball.

Home page and change log:
http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/

Documentation:
http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/wiki/PluginUsage

Binary windows release:
http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/downloads/detail?name=QtWorkbench-0.6.0_alpha.cbplugin

Offline Revvy

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2008, 04:17:43 am »
I really like how this plugin is working so well, but I have one problem after following the wiki pages.  My project gets this error when I try to build:

make.exe: *** No rule to make target `..\..\Qt\4.3.3\mkspecs\default\qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile.Debug'.  Stop.
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings
Cheers,
Revvy

Offline noisy.pl

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2008, 12:24:48 am »
I have problem with this plugin too...but I use new CB8.02.

I am wondering when will be released plugin to new CB...

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2008, 04:05:48 pm »
I really like how this plugin is working so well, but I have one problem after following the wiki pages.  My project gets this error when I try to build:

make.exe: *** No rule to make target `..\..\Qt\4.3.3\mkspecs\default\qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile.Debug'.  Stop.
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Can you prepare a minimal project that reproduces this issue and upload it in the bug tracker?

I have problem with this plugin too...but I use new CB8.02.

I am wondering when will be released plugin to new CB...

Shortly ;-)

Offline adfm

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »
Hello all,

I'm starting some work on windows and decided to do with QT on Code::Blocks. I have QT 4.3.4 fully installed and along with CB 8.02 and QtWorkbench 0.6.0.

I worked with QT3 a couple of years ago and I liked the experience but I am having a hard time with QT4. QtWokbench seemed to provide some relief, but I even by following the steps in the wiki I can't get no project file created :S

Anyhow, I don't know if it's off topic or not, but how can I start a project from scratch using QtWorkbench. Just add a main.cpp and a .ui and have it generate the .h and .cpp of the .ui files. (given the .pro file).

I'm asking this because I don't like the idea of coding all of the user interface and if I can use designer and bypass using uic and even better.

Can I do that?

Sorry about the newbie question, but I'm getting ready to go Darth-Vader on my PC  :shock:

cheers

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:50 am »
Have you checked the documentation? (http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/wiki/PluginUsage)
I guess the most interesting part for you would be: http://code.google.com/p/qtworkbench/wiki/QtWorkbenchProjects

Hope this helps...

GeeF

« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2008, 05:03:27 pm »
Hidiho,
first of all, I wanna thank you yop for your efforts. The Plugin works quite well for me now, although I had a bit of a hassle.(next time, read wiki first ^^)
Anyway, couldn't we just add a new project template which sets all the configs we need for workbench? Would ease up the process for Qt and c::b beginners. Also, if it's possible, it would be nice if the generated ui_*.h and moc_*.h could be added automatically.

oh, last but not least. I've got a little bug. I'm on a resolution of 1280x1024 and when I try to access the qtworkbench tab in the project properties, it won't fit the standard window size of the dialog, i.e. it doesn't resize that well ^^ So I almost crawled up the wall wondering where to activate the plugin, because the damn checkbox wasn't visible. I'm on c::b release 8.02. Don't know if this is a bug or an easter feature ^^

Apart from that, the Plugin really rocks. Keep up the good work.

Offline schroeder

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2008, 11:01:31 am »
Well... I've stumbled upon this while looking for some advice about why the QT4 tutorial's examples compile nicely under C::B until you get to the damn example #7: at which point, apparently because for the first time C::B sees a secondary .cpp module and a header, it starts complaining about an "undefined reference to 'vtable for LCDRange'[/i]" - BTW, as long as I can see from a quick Google search, already a very notorious issue - and the nice fairy tale suddenly ends with the wolf growling ;^)

Anyway, I have a question: under C::B there already seems to be a "File > New > Project > QT4 project" option, which is actually the one I've used. So, why another plugin to obtain what apparently should be the same effect? Or, dually: if the need has been felt of implementing a new QT4 plugin, what does that default functionality, "File > New > Project > QT4 project", serve for?

Second point: is there any possibility of successfully compiling a QT4 application using the default
Codeblock's wizard option?

Thanx :°)

GeeF

« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2008, 07:39:13 pm »
So, why another plugin to obtain what apparently should be the same effect? Or, dually: if the need has been felt of implementing a new QT4 plugin, what does that default functionality, "File > New > Project > QT4 project", serve for?

Second point: is there any possibility of successfully compiling a QT4 application using the default
Codeblock's wizard option?

The default QT4 Project wizard just makes shure you have qt installed and if needed, asks you for its location. Nothing more, except for creating a nice little hello qt app with its main.cpp.
If you wanna use the unique features Qt provides, ie. signals and slots, you have to run the files through the moc and if you're using the designer, you have to uic the .ui files first and import all those, or simply use qmake for the whole build process.
Qtworkbench does all that for you, so you can compile inside of codeblocks without having to hassle with the build tools.

Offline schroeder

« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2008, 12:13:44 am »
The default QT4 Project wizard just makes shure you have qt installed and if needed, asks you for its location. Nothing more, except for creating a nice little hello qt app with its main.cpp. If you wanna use the unique features Qt provides, ie. signals and slots, you have to run the files through the moc and if you're using the designer, you have to uic the .ui files first and import all those, or simply use qmake for the whole build process. Qtworkbench does all that for you, so you can compile inside of codeblocks without having to hassle with the build tools.

...ah-ha, I get it. I wonder if the last 0.6.0-alpha works also with the 8.02 release ^_^

Anyway: is there any place where this point, about the wizard's default behavior, is made clear? I can't see any. So, I'd suggest that some more information, maybe even just a simple brief note, will be added in future releases. Something like "please: don't expect this wizard to help you create a true QT4 project. It's simply intended to help you make the fine tuning of your C::B in function of your QT installation, provided you have one". Actually, I think that from a wizard one tends to expect (maybe erroneously, yes... but, that's it) sort of a "plug and play" behavior...

As an alternative, I'd suggest that, should the plugin show to work reliably and to be without major bugs, its functionalities be included in the next release of C::B by default...

Am I wrong? ;^)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:17:51 am by schroeder »