Author Topic: AutoScroll and Link Behavior in Project Management Area  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Thoth

• Multiple posting newcomer
AutoScroll and Link Behavior in Project Management Area
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:31:43 pm »
Hi,

I am using C::B version 13.12 r9501 (ARM Ubuntu). I only have the default plugins installed.

Sometimes, and I have no idea what the trigger is, the Projects Area of the Management pane starts autoscrolling based on the position of the cursor and the scroll bars disappear. Additionally, the file names behave as if they were links.

How do I completely disable this? I only want the area where the files are shown to use scrollbars for adjusting the view.

=thoth=

Offline Thoth

Re: AutoScroll and Link Behavior in Project Management Area
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 12:32:41 pm »
Hi,

Adding a screenshot as I could not add one to the orginal post.

=thoth=

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 01:18:12 pm »
It will be good if you could install a release that is a bit more recent and to see if the problem still happens there.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Thoth

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »
Hi oBFusCATed,

13.12 is the newest available for ARM. At least that I can see in the Ubuntu Repositories.

I am running Ubuntu with XFCE on ARM

ShieldK1: ~: lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Release:   14.04
Codename:   trusty
ShieldK1: ~: lsb_release -ds
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

ShieldK1: ~: uname -a
Linux ShieldK1 3.10.40-g793214a #9 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 21 09:57:49 PDT 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

=thoth=

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:22:36 am »
You can get the latest version by compiling yourself ( calculate some time for this on arm :) )
It is not that hard or complicated, since you can use codeblocks to build codeblocks.... Or you go the even more easy way with configure make...

Also you can report the package maintainer of ubuntu that there are (at least) two new versions of codeblocks since the 13.12 and that this version is 5 years old...

Offline Thoth

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:31:27 am »
Hi BlueHazzard,

I tried that twice but not recently. However, not on this device with this configuration.
It did not go very well.

If that is the best option to potentially get rid of the intermittent Management Area Scrolling problem, then I will give it another go. It would be nice if I had an ARM VM to use as a build machine.

I will try and if I still have the issue, I will come back to this thread.

=thoth=