Author Topic: CBBuild: Automated Code::Blocks build - Now at v1.1!  (Read 7249 times)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
CBBuild: Automated Code::Blocks build - Now at v1.1!
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:39:08 pm »
New CBBuild v1.1 released; see below!

Straight from the studios of Twilight Dragon Media...
An idea so revolutionary, it will change the way you think about Code::Blocks (i.e. the world)
A design executed with you, the end user, in mind
A product that is powerful, customizable, and ultimately usable

CBBuild
  • Can't wait to get your hands on the newest bleeding edge versions of Code::Blocks?
  • Tired of wading through dialogs and command prompts to download and build it all?
  • Wishing it were as easy for you as it is for Linux users?

Your sleepless nights spent waiting to see if the build is successful can be gone in no time, with this all-new, ultra-configurable, extra-spiffy automation script. Simply give a few directory and filename options in the easily readable and fully commented configuration file, and CBBuild will be ready to run! Built on the powerful AutoIt3 automation tool, CBBuild uses Code::Blocks' own batch build functionality to compile the new version. CBBuild handles commands and messageboxes as though you were there at the computer, and frees up your valuable time for the things you wish you could do, like sleeping, eating, and breathing.

CBBuild can download updated Code::Blocks sources, build the main project file, build the contrib plugins workspace, run update.bat, zip up the output, and analyze the SVN commit log for the recent changes -- and you won't need to type a key or click a button.

Updated version 1.1
CBBuild version 1.1, updated to work with the latest editions of Code::Blocks, is available at your local Twilight Dragon Media, or right now at www.tdragon.net/files/CBBuild-1.1.zip (131 KB)

Batteries not included. Not available in the states of Intoxication, Nausea, and some parts of Turmoil. Observable side-effects may include extensive elation, increased free time, and in some cases chronic productivity. Not recommended for infants, women above the age of 105, or anyone not able to build Code::Blocks manually. See store for details. Any or all of the above may or may not be complete and utter bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:55:53 pm by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: CBBuild: Automated Code::Blocks build for Windows users
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:14:04 pm »
well done !!

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 04:49:04 pm »
What is the AutoIt3 functionallity used for, do you use any of the GUI manipulation functions?  It seems like all the tools you use are command line.  I was just wondering, because I were on something similar, but more advanced in its svn functionality with python.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 06:24:18 pm »
killerbot: Thanks. I wanted to be able to have a nightly ANSI build, and then once I finished that part I just decided to start throwing on features and see if anyone else found it helpful.

Game_Ender: Yes, I chose AutoIt3 for the Windows GUI manipulation. Currently all it's actually needed for is to detect and dismiss the batch build notification messagebox when the batch build is finished (and then the Application Error messagebox that generally happens after :P). I also make use of it to examine the text in the notification messagebox to make sure it contains "Process exited with status code 0", which indicates a successful build.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 06:33:04 pm »
Currently all it's actually needed for is to detect and dismiss the batch build notification messagebox ...
What about not using --batch-build-notify instead?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 07:03:51 pm »
Okay, maybe what I said above was a small misstatement. Unless there's some other way of knowing when the batch build process is complete, I have to use --batch-build-notify and detect the messagebox to know when to move on to the next stage in CBBuild (usually running update.bat). And of course there is still that Application Error that needs to be tracked down.

It would be nice to have Code::Blocks' batch build process work as a typical command-line tool, writing to stdout/stderr and returning 0 once it's finished. Then I could drop AutoIt3 and just use a .bat file. But looking at the code, that'd take quite a bit of refactoring. Maybe my next project. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 07:24:55 pm by TDragon »

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 02:51:28 am »
Cool!  :D  You just informed me of a tool I have been trying to find for years.  You see, years ago (around 10) Norton had a similar scripting tool, and I missed it.  It can be handy for automating the exporting of graphics and stuff.  New toy to play with when I get the time!

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: CBBuild: Automated Code::Blocks build - New Release!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 05:46:06 am »
Updated version 1.1
CBBuild version 1.1, updated to work with the latest editions of Code::Blocks, is available at your local Twilight Dragon Media, or right now at www.tdragon.net/files/CBBuild-1.1.zip (131 KB)

P.S. - Glad to have helped ya, jmccay.