Author Topic: The GUI on Ubuntu 17.04 Breaks When I Switch to a Different Window  (Read 2666 times)

IRLegend

Alright, this has been bugging me for a while. When I first start up Code::Blocks, it's fine. But when I switch to a different window, say to look at a tutorial or to change my music, this'll happen.

https://i.imgur.com/Szzg0XJ.png

As you can see, the toolstrip at the top is invisible, as are the compile buttons, project management pane, and tabs. The toolstrip and compile buttons still work, but the management pages and tabs don't. The only way to fix this is to restart code:blocks.

This is on a relatively fresh install of Ubuntu. Everything on the system is fully updated. I've googled this issue and I've turned off the symbol browser as suggested. Still happens. I've reinstalled code::blocks and updated it. Still happens. I've restarted my computer countless times. Still happens. This happens whether I minimize the code::blocks or just change focus to a different window. This doesn't happen with any other program.

I'm at my wits end. I just want to work on my stinking programming. Any help is very appreciated!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: The GUI on Ubuntu 17.04 Breaks When I Switch to a Different Window
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:35:06 pm »
This seems to be a wx3.0 issue with old codeblocks versions. What version are you using? Have you tried the last release?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: The GUI on Ubuntu 17.04 Breaks When I Switch to a Different Window
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:47:21 pm »
Install 17.12 and you should be fine.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]