Author Topic: Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1 Error in re-setting breakpoint  (Read 5867 times)

Offline IsmaelLopes

• Single posting newcomer
I am begginer and faccing this fail in debbuging process. I have checked some old tips but I can't find the root cause. Please, I need support. Thanks in advanced.

Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Ismael\Desktop\CodeBlocks\NumeroParOuImpar\
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Ismael\Desktop\CodeBlocks\NumeroParOuImpar\
Adding file: C:\Users\Ismael\Desktop\CodeBlocks\NumeroParOuImpar\bin\Debug\NumeroParOuImpar.exe
Changing directory to: C:/Users/Ismael/Desktop/CodeBlocks/NumeroParOuImpar/.
Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Program Files\Haskell\bin;C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\8.0.2\lib\extralibs\bin;C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\8.0.2\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Arduino;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio;C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\8.0.2\mingw\bin;C:\Users\Ismael\AppData\Roaming\cabal\bin;C:\Users\Ismael\AppData\Roaming\local\bin;C:\Users\Ismael\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
Starting debugger: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args C:/Users/Ismael/Desktop/CodeBlocks/NumeroParOuImpar/bin/Debug/NumeroParOuImpar.exe
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1
Child process PID: 10736
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1: PC register is not available
Error in re-setting breakpoint -11: PC register is not available
Error in re-setting breakpoint -12: PC register is not available
Error in re-setting breakpoint -13: PC register is not available
Error in re-setting breakpoint -14: PC register is not available
In  ()

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Have you tried to search about this error in your favorite search engine?

I've tried and this is the the first result: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39186109/debugging-c-with-codeblocks
Obviously it is some bug in the mingw version of gdb you're using.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline IsmaelLopes

• Single posting newcomer
Firstly, thank you (oBFusCATed) for your attetion.

I am beginner and I just downloaded the last version available 16.01 rev 10702. I would like to run it in this version. Thanks a lot.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
I don't think new version of codeblocks will solve your problem.
You need new version of mingw!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]