Author Topic: Running Code::blocks on Android devices  (Read 22939 times)

Offline redwan13

• Single posting newcomer
Running Code::blocks on Android devices
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:18:12 am »
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie here. I want to develop some programs for which codeblocks is the only solution. But I have no pc and it is impossible for me to buy or borrow one. I have been developing programs for 4 years on my Android device. So, I have to run codeblocks on Android. Is it possible to compile codeblocks for Android or install the linux distribution on Android?????? If not then is there any alternative??????
Please, help me!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Thanks in advance
Redwan

Offline sodev

• Regular
Re: Running Code::blocks on Android devices
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
Uhm, basically CodeBlocks is nothing more than a nice text editor, so for sure it can't be the only solution for whatever you are trying to do. And that is the bigger question here, what are you trying to do that you think that CodeBlocks is your only solution? I actually wonder how and what programs you develop ON Android devices, the choices there are VERY limited.

And no, you can't compile CodeBlocks for Android at all.

Offline redwan13

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »
Dear Sodev,
Thank you very much for your support. Basically, I develop Android apps with Anacode IDE and AIDE. But I need add sfml library in my androi apps. But those IDEs are quite limited and sfml doesn't currently support those platforms. Code blocks does. That's why, codeblocks is my only solution.
Moreover, I have successfully run codeblocks Windows 32bit in my Android device using 'Exagear Strategies' app. But the handling was quite slow though... I will be greatly benefited if any kind heart person makes  successful port to android of the Cide::blocks.......
Thanks

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:26:20 pm »
Won't happen. CodeBlocks is based on wxWidgets and there is no wxWidgets for Android and it doesn't look like it will ever be.

Im not sure about what sfml you are talking but if its www.sfml-dev.org thats nothing more than a C++ library? What kind of support is needed to use that?

Offline advance-software

• Multiple posting newcomer

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:02 pm »
https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxAndroid/Status

And it doesnt look there is any progress...