Author Topic: Importing Clearcase source code in Code::Blocks in linux  (Read 2568 times)

Offline dbhadra

• Single posting newcomer
Importing Clearcase source code in Code::Blocks in linux
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:23 am »
I have C++ source code in linux(RHEL 6) with clearcase.When i am trying to import the code/project, it is showing import type of Dev C++ /VC++ project.After searching and  reading some blogs I added Empty project in codeblocks and then selected the option "add files recursively" and pointed one complete module of my source code.It is able to import all the files.
I also tried to find plugin for clearcase inside codeblocks for linux but did not find anything.
I would like to know that is there any other way to import clearcase source code in codeblocks in linux (RHEL) and the code is not Dev C++ type.Or I have to import my code using empty project only and adding files there for each module present in my code?
If possible is there any guideline/link which I can follow to import the C++ code.

Thanks & Regards,
dbhadra

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Importing Clearcase source code in Code::Blocks in linux
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:11:14 am »
I'm not sure what clearcase is, but I'm pretty sure that there is no other way to import code from it than using empty projects and adding files recursively.
If the build system is using cmake then you can automatically create projects, but I doubt you're using it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 10:12:46 am »
But if the build system is similar in operation to make, you can create custom makefile based projects and you won't have to redo the build configurations and all the build settings.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dbhadra

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:36:23 am »
I am using clearmake from Clearcase to build my source code.Please guide me how to make custom makefile based project and copy our clearmake settings to custome makefile.

Thanks & Regards,
dbhadra
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:24:24 am by dbhadra »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »
I am using clearmake from Clearcase to build my source code.Please let me guide how to make custom makefile based project and copy our clearmake settings to custome makefile.

Thanks & Regards,
dbhadra

Please post the clearmake commands that you are running from the command line and maybe someone can help you!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org