Author Topic: wont compile downloaded C++ codes  (Read 2867 times)

Offline sihneboicode

• Single posting newcomer
wont compile downloaded C++ codes
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:47:57 pm »
I have searched all over and have not found any conventional method of running a downloaded source code in code blocks. I am sure this question has been asked and answered countless of times, but I can't find the answer anywhere.
I have downloaded a source code which generates a simply calculator, but I can't get it to run in code blocks. >:( >:(.
can someone please help me!!

Filipe

Re: wont compile downloaded C++ codes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:41:38 pm »
My opinion is that anyone who really wants to learn programming should first develop their logical rationale. "How do you intend to run a source code without at least endenter how it was deployed?" Each programmer has his technique of writing a code imagine that this downloaded code is accidentally mistaken in his writing as an answer? Using an IDE first would be better to pick up some book and learn the theoretical concepts of this programming language because it will be your base not to be precupe now with your technique it will be improved through the practices and with time "
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:43:10 pm by Filipe »

Offline sihneboicode

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 10:49:27 pm »
thanks for nothing, the code was given to me by a friend online. But I noticed that you are making a lot of presumptive allegation about my programming capabilities. so with this deeply criticized reply that you have taken the time to "mock" me with, I bid you farewell. I will be using a more friendly and receptive forum. btw. I am an Electrical Engineering major. I have read a lot of books on the subject. GPA 3.9. And I have been showed the conventional method which i sought from a friend. obviously this forum is saturated with scientist. smh   
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:51:39 pm by sihneboicode »

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:37:51 am »
"I have downloaded picture from the internet, how do i watch it on pc? I have searched whole internet but could not find answer" Is this a typical question a major in electrical engineering is asking? Oh wait, you have read a lot of books about it.

Ok, well, where do i start? What operating system were you using again? Sorry, i already forgot what you have written. Was it Linux? Windows? MacOS? Also what was contained in your downloaded source code? Just a bunch of sources? With some build instructions? Or did it also contain some files of a meta-buildsystem like ... CMake? Automake? Or maybe some native buildsystem like ... Make? NMake? MSBuild? Bjam? Or even ready made project files for ... Visual Studio? XCode? Eclipse? Or even ... CodeBlocks?

Oh and what external dependencies does it have? Sorry, i think i have to reread your post again, you have given so much information, i already forgot again, hold on!

Offline sihneboicode

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 02:19:56 am »
lol. Give it a rest. I have no idea what your talking about. This is getting infantile. take a breath. Have a nice day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 03:41:23 am »
@sihneboicode: Please read the rules for this website http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9996.0.html
And, read this FAQ if you want help; if you do NOT want help then go away.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gib

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 08:12:33 am »
The comment about 'scientist(s)' was an amusing non sequitur.