Author Topic: Closed files reopen when new files are opened  (Read 2453 times)

Offline demetrioussharpe

• Multiple posting newcomer
Closed files reopen when new files are opened
« on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:16 pm »
Hello all,

While I love using C::B, it has a rather annoying issue under BSD. If I open any files & then close any of them, all of the closed files will reopen when I open another file & the newly opened file's tab will not gain focus. Instead, the focus will be on the tab of one of the previously closed files. Even if I don't close any of them, any newly opened file's tab won't receive focus. Instead, focus will revert to one of the previously opened files' tabs. These files are being opened by double clicking on the file in the file manager, not by opening them through C::B's menu nor toolbar. Is this a bug, or is there a configuration option that I'm missing?

I'm using C::B 16.01 on GhostBSD 10.3. This is a production system that has dual Xeons with 8 cores each and 96GB of RAM.

Thanks for any help!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Closed files reopen when new files are opened
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:07:49 pm »
Known problem, see here: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/348/
If someone is willing to provide patches for this I'm willing to apply them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:56 pm »
Known problem, see here: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/348/
If someone is willing to provide patches for this I'm willing to apply them.
There is a thread about that, it's because of a wx2.8 bug and should be fixed in wx3.0, if I remember correctly.

Offline demetrioussharpe

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:16 pm »
Great! Thanks a lot, guys! I really thought I was just doing something wrong & I couldn't find any information on it because I wasn't sure how to refer to it. I couldn't find any pertinent information about it via google!