Author Topic: Editor settings freezes C::B  (Read 5366 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Editor settings freezes C::B
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:00:35 am »
Revision 1953, gcc (GCC) 3.3.5, wxWidgets 2.6.2 unicode, Suse linux 9.3
Settings->Editor freezes the application. It works fine when it is the first thing that I do when I open C::B, if I open a project or start any other activity first then it appears.

Offtopic: To devs, do you want bugs on svn revisions posted at SF?
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Editor settings freezes C::B
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:08:42 am »
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Development Version says:

Quote from: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1673.msg12272#msg12272
We try to fix all issues as fast as possible. For most smaller problems, this often happens within a few hours of a report appearing in the SVN version Issues board. However, it may happen, for whatever reason, that we are unable to solve a problem immediately (or we have to postpone it due to other priorities).

In case you see that your problem is not addressed within 2 days, please submit a bug report on the Sourceforge project site

If you do not submit a bug report, your forum thread will eventually go out of sight, and we will forget it!

Does it work when you deactivate all plugins (esp. code completion and AStyle, which have their configuration in the editor settings) and when you take off your peril-sensitive sunglasses?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 08:30:17 am »
It's a known (and recent) issue in linux. Caused by code-completion plugin which dead-locks anyway in linux. Even if you don't open the settings dialog, it will freeze at a later point...
So, my suggestion is to disable this plugin.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 08:46:44 am »
Does it work when you deactivate all plugins (esp. code completion and AStyle, which have their configuration in the editor settings) and when you take off your peril-sensitive sunglasses?
It worked when I left them on  :lol: I'm back to using the linux version (and I will continue for quite a while) and I'm trying to get comfortable with it, so you're suggesting that I shouldn't panic...

Thanks Yiannis, I'll disable the codecompletion plugin.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.