Author Topic: Zip package?  (Read 5537 times)

Offline tretton

• Multiple posting newcomer
Zip package?
« on: January 30, 2006, 06:31:27 pm »
Will C::B be available as a zip package (no-install) for Win in the future? That would be sweet. :)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Zip package?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 06:40:56 pm »
Will C::B be available as a zip package (no-install) for Win in the future? That would be sweet. :)

Hello,

Do you mean the sources or the binaries? Nightly builds are available as 7zip package (which is better than zip IMHO :)).

Michael

Offline tretton

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:43:10 pm »
Oh, I meant the binaries. Yes, I know about the nightlies, but will the final release also be available as a zip/7z?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 06:46:50 pm »
will the final release also be available as a zip/7z?

I am not sure if it will be or not. May be one of the devs can say something about it. An installation package is anyway easier to install for most of the users, but if several users would prefer to have a zip/7zip, then may be it would be possible to have both.

Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 07:20:43 pm »
Agreed. Having stable releases as .zip as an installer version as well, is a great way to say "this IDE is not bloated unlike others that requieres various CDs and almost half an hour of installation and fills the system with dll all over the place". :P

Offline tretton

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 07:24:32 pm »
Yes, exactly. :) I hate installers, you never know what they're doing to your system... I'll just wait and see what happens. The nightlies are coming along great, by the way! Great job!