Author Topic: Codeblocks wizard script multiple compiler pages  (Read 10380 times)

Offline anandamu16

• Multiple posting newcomer
Codeblocks wizard script multiple compiler pages
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:36:33 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to create a wizard in codeblocks which will allow the user to select one out of multiple embedded development boards available (like in ARM Wizard) and based on the Development board selected, wizard will give different compiler options. (eg if user has selected development board "A", he will have the option to select only one of "x", and "Y" compilers. Similarly, if the if user has selected development board "B", he will have the option to select only one of "z", and "w" compilers).

By going through the documentation, I didn't get a way to do this.
It seems that only 1 compiler page is possible in 1 wizard.

Is there any way to create multiple compiler pages in single wizard, so that based on development board selection user will get the suitable compilers to select? Or is there any other way to achieve the same though?

P.S I am refering the below document http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Wizard_Scripting_Commands

Offline anandamu16

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Codeblocks wizard script multiple compiler pages
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:16:53 am »
(eg if user has selected development board "A", he will have the option to select only one of "x", and "Y" compilers. Similarly, if the if user has selected development board "B", he will have the option to select only one of "z", and "w" compilers)
Is there anyone who can help me in this?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »
Can you elaborate the differences between the cbscriptedwizzard and this version https://github.com/ywx/cbScriptedWizardPlugin ? Just some quick summary, no details?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:31:45 pm »
Can you elaborate the differences between the cbscriptedwizzard and this version https://github.com/ywx/cbScriptedWizardPlugin ? Just some quick summary, no details?

It's an extended scripted wizard allowing choice containers.

Code
void Wiz::FillContainerWithSelCompilers( const wxString& name, const wxString& validCompilerIDs )
{ ... }

int Wiz::FillContainerWithChoices( const wxString& name, const wxString& choices )
{ ... }
            // extender
            func(&Wiz::FillContainerWithSelCompilers, "FillContainerWithSelCompilers").
            func(&Wiz::AppendContainerWithSelCompilers, "AppendContainerWithSelCompilers").
            func(&Wiz::FillContainerWithChoices, "FillContainerWithChoices").
            func(&Wiz::AppendContainerWithChoices, "AppendContainerWithChoices").
            func(&Wiz::GetWizardScriptFolder, "GetWizardScriptFolder");

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 08:05:23 am »
@pecan: Have you looked if this could be reintegrated in the main plugin?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »
Yes, it can. I'm using it myself.
Would you like me to integrate it to trunk?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »
Yes, in the original wizard, please. Can you show a patch before committing?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]