Author Topic: Is it humanly possible to install wxWidgets 3.0.2 for code::blocks???  (Read 11653 times)

Offline stephanisk

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Is it humanly possible to install wxWidgets 3.0.2 for code::blocks???
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 11:09:35 pm »
Thanks,

I been researching a little and i got it to work so far!!!!!

Thanks all for your more than elaborated help, i would never ever have found the issues without you guys, you are all super!!!

I have been experimenting a little though with wxSmith and wxFormBuilder ( cant get that to work, but anyway )  But i have also spent a few hours with Qt and it seems that qt is much easier to work with than the wxSmith. It is like more intuitive. On the other hand i have been reading that wxwidgets is very good aswell. Could anyone tell me why choose one over the other?

Thanks again for all the help!!! you are awesome!!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 12:44:51 am »
I been researching a little and i got it to work so far!!!!!
can you tell us (and others) what do you did, so if other have the same problem they know what to do...

I have been experimenting a little though with wxSmith and wxFormBuilder ( cant get that to work, but anyway )  But i have also spent a few hours with Qt and it seems that qt is much easier to work with than the wxSmith. It is like more intuitive. On the other hand i have been reading that wxwidgets is very good aswell. Could anyone tell me why choose one over the other?
wx uses the native window implementation on every system, qt does not (as far as i know) but this is of topic for this forum...

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 01:49:37 pm »
There are binary downloads out there, but they won't match your compiler and you need that the library is compiled with the same compiler as your program...
Sorry, but where this binary downloads can be find? Geting rid of that anoing comandline would be really nice. Unfortunatelly have not seen binary downloads on that oficial wxWidget site. May be I am just to stupied, so apologies than.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:51:49 pm by gtafan »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 03:24:29 pm »
There are binary downloads out there, but they won't match your compiler and you need that the library is compiled with the same compiler as your program...
Sorry, but where this binary downloads can be find? Geting rid of that anoing comandline would be really nice. Unfortunatelly have not seen binary downloads on that oficial wxWidget site. May be I am just to stupied, so apologies than.
Go to : http://wxwidgets.org/downloads/ and search for the keyword binaries.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 06:20:58 pm »
Go to : http://wxwidgets.org/downloads/ and search for the keyword binaries.

Has the CB Wizard been fixed to use the wxTeam built Binaries?

Edit: If not, link to my old work around directions http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Using_wxWidgets_%28MSW%29_3.0_Binary_with_Code::Blocks_Scripted_Wizard

Tim S.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:32:16 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org