Author Topic: Code Blocks doesn't open.  (Read 9126 times)

Offline andrea

• Single posting newcomer
Code Blocks doesn't open.
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:31 pm »
I can't open Code Blocks. I tried to reinstall it several times but it shows me the same message. Any help? Here's a link to the image.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42983225/code-blocks-doesnt-open?noredirect=1#comment73058685_42983225

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code Blocks doesn't open.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:05:01 pm »
Do you have a crash dump? Codeblocks.xml file?
This screenshot isn't helping at all.
Do you have antivirus software?
What version are you trying to install?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline andrea

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:39:02 am »
No,I don't have a crash dump and i don't think i have a codeblocks.xml file neither...and yeah,i do have antivirus software. First i tried to install Codeblocks 16.01,the latest one. It didn't work with that so i installed another version 13.12. But still..it doesn't work. Everything was working well until 3  days ago,when it just didn't open.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:14:58 pm by andrea »

Offline icequan233

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:53:12 pm »
@andrea: what's your operating system, and what's your steps of installing, can you give more details or informations.

Offline andrea

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:29 pm »
I have Windows 8. I just downloaded the codeblocks set up on a site and then i just followed the instructions. Nothing more. Up till now, it worked...for almost 2 years,but three days ago it just didn't open anymore.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:29:29 pm »
the crash report is located in the installation directory of codeblocks. in the same folder as the codeblocks.exe. It is called something like codeblocks.RPT (i am not sure about the extension, but it should have the name codeblocks....)

Try to disable your anti virus. Anti virus programs produce a lot false positive with development tools because of the heuristics...

if this does not help:
It could be that you have some corrupt configuration file

Please  make a copy of your configuration file and then delete it (not the copy but the original file) You can find the configuration file here:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Settings#Q:_Where_does_C::B.27s_configuration_file_store.3F_How_do_I_make_Code::Blocks_portable.3F

If codeblocks starts after this can you post your configuration file here?

Offline icequan233

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 03:35:11 am »
I have Windows 8. I just downloaded the codeblocks set up on a site and then i just followed the instructions. Nothing more. Up till now, it worked...for almost 2 years,but three days ago it just didn't open anymore.
if you can't open codeblocks, I suggest you try nightly builds, then open the codeblocks of nightly version, see  whether it can be openned or not. The codeblocks.RPT file has some information, you need put it on forums.