Author Topic: C comments in Fortran 90 + French speller messed up  (Read 3308 times)

Offline joebarthib

• Single posting newcomer
C comments in Fortran 90 + French speller messed up
« on: March 14, 2017, 10:07:54 am »
Hello,

Congrats for this tool, which I find better than NotePad++ and Textpad for my needs :)
My company is maintaining old applications in a slightly modified Fortran 77. When I edit my files using your Fortran 77 engine, the syntax highlighting and folding is messed up :-\
When I use your 'non-77' (90?) Fortran engine it's almost all good except that :
- I would like the lines starting with a C be recognized as comments (but in the same time I would like the ! comments to still be colorized as such)
- Some comments spelling highlighting is messed up, especially with accented characters (I have added French dictionary files)
See the attached screenshot.

Do you know what I could do to solve these 2 issues? (I haven't found anything about this in your forum)
Thank you very much :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: C comments in Fortran 90 + French speller messed up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:31 pm »
I guess you'll need to modify the fortran scintilla lexer to support your dialect of the language.
This mean you'll need to rebuild codeblocks.
Scintilla is the editor component we're using.

For the spell checker - I don't know - does it work in other applications for the same file using the same dictionary files?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline joebarthib

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:41:00 am »
Thank you for your answer, ok, I will consider this. Yes, I use the same dictionary files in other applications with no issue (Notepad++, Visual Assist plugin...), but in CB some characters of some words are underlined in red. In particular words with accented characters: the speller seems to consider that such words are split into several words, the accented characters being word separators. For eg I get this: 'immédiatement'

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:55 am »
Do you have the FortranProject plugin installed. I suppose yes, but verify this first.
Next : I see that the extension of the fortran file is important. In my case, if the extension is .f, ! and C comments lines are correctly recognized (see the attached image). But, if the extension is .f90 or .f95, only the ! comment is recognized.
For the accentuated characters, for me, it works as expected. But, I don't remember if I made a special setting, sorry.
May be you should contact directly the plugin author darmar (Darius Markauskas) and/or have a look at the C::B wiki and http://cbfortran.sourceforge.net/
gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 12:44:10 am »
Thank you for your answer, ok, I will consider this. Yes, I use the same dictionary files in other applications with no issue (Notepad++, Visual Assist plugin...), but in CB some characters of some words are underlined in red. In particular words with accented characters: the speller seems to consider that such words are split into several words, the accented characters being word separators. For eg I get this: 'immédiatement'
There is a topic about spell checker problems: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20195.0.html
Can you read it and see if you can find some clues what the problem is or when it has been introduced?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]