Author Topic: the code editor edge so strange(ugly)  (Read 10504 times)

Offline icequan233

• Multiple posting newcomer
the code editor edge so strange(ugly)
« on: March 05, 2017, 02:34:24 pm »
       I built codeblocks with wxWidgets3.1.0 on win10 recently,but my editor edge is so strange,
I attach the picture ,it looks like stripe,but so ugly.Anyone has the same problem,or know the
cause,I really want to cut the "stripe".
       by the way,how to insert a image by the "insert image" icon :D

Online ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: the code editor edge so strange(ugly)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 03:05:23 pm »
how to insert a image by the "insert image" icon
Use the image tags, this can be insert by click the image icon in the toolbar of the editor, then add the image address there.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:02 pm »
icequan233: What is the dpi of your monitor?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline icequan233

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 06:00:34 am »
icequan233: What is the dpi of your monitor?
I changed the dpi,I remember is 85H

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:49:55 am »
I don't understand your post.
What is the resolution and physical size of your monitor?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline icequan233

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 09:36:51 am »
I don't understand your post.
What is the resolution and physical size of your monitor?
Sorry for my describe.I means that I set my dpi scaling level in registry editor.see https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-dpi-scaling-level-displays-change-windows-10-a.html
And my resolution is 1920*1080,the physical size is 14inch.However,it is so strange because I don't have this problem when I use the cb built with wx2.8.12.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:09 pm »
I had a similar problem on Linux, that line usually has a regular pattern but in my case it had some irregularities, i fixed it by setting the "Editor: Margin chrome colour" and "Editor: Margin chrome highlight colour" in the Colours section of the Environment Settings to the same value.

Offline icequan233

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:39:58 pm »
I had a similar problem on Linux, that line usually has a regular pattern but in my case it had some irregularities, i fixed it by setting the "Editor: Margin chrome colour" and "Editor: Margin chrome highlight colour" in the Colours section of the Environment Settings to the same value.
Thanks,sodev.I set the colour both of black,it looks better now.But the edge is still a little strange,I wish I can adapt to it.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »
Well, black is quite a strong colour, i just set the highlight color to the non-highlight one which was a grey on my system. If you dont like it, you can disable folding in the Editor Settings, this makes the line much thinner, if you want to get totally rid of it you also have to disable the changebar.

Offline icequan233

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »
Well, black is quite a strong colour, i just set the highlight color to the non-highlight one which was a grey on my system. If you dont like it, you can disable folding in the Editor Settings, this makes the line much thinner, if you want to get totally rid of it you also have to disable the changebar.
I will try this,but the folding is useful,anyway,thank you so much.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 08:40:17 pm »
Sorry for my describe.I means that I set my dpi scaling level in registry editor.see https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-dpi-scaling-level-displays-change-windows-10-a.html
And my resolution is 1920*1080,the physical size is 14inch.However,it is so strange because I don't have this problem when I use the cb built with wx2.8.12.
wx2.8 doesn't support scaling. The wx3.1 is the first one that does so.
What is the value you're using for your scaling? Does it work correctly if you set it to 100%?

Offline icequan233

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 04:17:28 am »
wx2.8 doesn't support scaling. The wx3.1 is the first one that does so.
What is the value you're using for your scaling? Does it work correctly if you set it to 100%?
well,I set it to 100%,now the edge is ok,but the font is too small,otherwise,the code font is normal

however,when I set it to 125% or other high percent,the edge is trange too.So, what is the reasons why I adjust the scaling to
100%,it is ok? BTW,thanks,@oBFusCATed.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 08:08:55 am »
Can you create a ticket on the sf.net project site? This way the issue won't be forgotten.
It probably happens, because the image is drawn and then scaled down/up or some calculation is wrong.
Can you install latest scite and see if there it works correctly at the same scaling?

Offline icequan233

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 08:59:38 am »
Can you create a ticket on the sf.net project site? This way the issue won't be forgotten.
It probably happens, because the image is drawn and then scaled down/up or some calculation is wrong.
Can you install latest scite and see if there it works correctly at the same scaling?
Thanks, I will create the ticket, which is nacesaary. The latest scite will be tested,
if useful, I'd like to post here, but if useless, I would try to slove it(if I can do it).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 09:48:16 am »
I doubt you can solve it without changing any code. It is most probably a bug that triggers in hidpi environments.