Author Topic: Console Settings  (Read 8534 times)

Offline texxo

• Single posting newcomer
Console Settings
« on: February 05, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »
Here's the link from Silpheed in 2008: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9240.msg65950.html#msg65950

I have tried this myself and found that Code::Blocks's setting for "Terminal to launch console programs" in order to change the color/text has been greyed out.

I have looked around online, and found that YouTube videos about changing the console text/color are in fact referring to "programming examples" or "tutorials".  I'm not looking for those.  I'm looking to understand why the "Terminal to launch console programs" is greyed out, making it unavailable for me to C&P the available command from the forum post and see if the text/color changes.

Any thoughts as to why Code::Blocks has this specific section changed?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Console Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:17:22 pm »
I guess you are on windows and there you can not change these settings, because C::B always uses cmd.exe on windows as console.

Offline texxo

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:11 am »
Hmm, then that's unfortunate indeed.

I have Windows 10.  I am a student studying computer programming.  While I have understood forum rules, I have attended a college with CS classes that uses Code::Blocks as the IDE to go to.  In one of my Programming Fundamental classes, my professor did have a console screen on Windows that turned into green background with white text.  It made me wonder how that works.

I am no expert programmer but it seemed my professor knew how to change the color/text on the console on a Windows environment.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 02:34:42 am »
Hmm, then that's unfortunate indeed.

I have Windows 10.  I am a student studying computer programming.  While I have understood forum rules, I have attended a college with CS classes that uses Code::Blocks as the IDE to go to.  In one of my Programming Fundamental classes, my professor did have a console screen on Windows that turned into green background with white text.  It made me wonder how that works.

I am no expert programmer but it seemed my professor knew how to change the color/text on the console on a Windows environment.

That was likely a Windows setting change; instead of a Code::Blocks change.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16815/how-to-personalize-the-windows-command-prompt/

And, it is likely not a topic for this site for that reason.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline texxo

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 05:53:26 am »
Thank you for your prompt response, Tim S.

You are correct.  If it is a Windows change, and not referring to Code::Blocks, indeed it is not for this forum.

I apologize in advance.