Author Topic: Code Completion with One Key Press  (Read 8639 times)

Offline AlterEgo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code Completion with One Key Press
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 09:48:23 pm »
Any help with this?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 10:09:07 pm »
i tried it myself and on windows it is not that easy... it would be great if someone could post a binary with the appropriate library.

My problems are i have to compile clang for clang.lib with mingw64 because with tdm it does not compile. Then i have to recompile the whole wxWidgets library with mingw64, but this fails... and there i am stuck..

Can someone who got this running on windows post his build environment?

thx

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 12:43:46 am »
You can use https://github.com/rjpcomputing/wxpack to build wxWidgets easily. Just copy the wxBuild*.bat files into the build\msw directory in the wxWidgets source tree. You need to edit the paths in wxBuild_wxWidgets.bat to match your system.

Due to broken? Makefiles you still need to create the proper subdirectories in the lib folder, the Makefiles only create the top level directories and fail to create the wx\msw subdirectories. And you need to create include\msw\setup.h by usually copying the setup0.h from that directory, CodeBlocks works with the default settings.

I could only compile the current master tree version of wxWidgets into a working version with mingw-w64, wxWidgets 2.8.12 crashes CodeBlocks on startup.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!