Author Topic: Unable to permanently expand build message  (Read 2584 times)

Offline twohrdrive

• Single posting newcomer
Unable to permanently expand build message
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:54:02 pm »
Hello fellow Blockheads 8)

First off, I'd like to do the customary ritual of stating that I've searched (to no avail) to the end of my patience to find this answer both on C::B forums and Google. Nothing. Also, thanks for reading my post.

My question is as follows - When I receive a build message, it is partially hidden until I click and drag the message column within the build message pane. I don't care about the file column or the line column.  I can then read the whole build message.  I would like to permanently expand the message column so that each time I restart CodeBlocks, I don't have to re-expand the message column.

This sounds petty, but I'm working with the Asus Zenbook touchpad, which is a pile of crap.

I have tried saving my current perspective, and tried both layout saving options under Settings > Environment > General settings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time.

-A

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Unable to permanently expand build message
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »
Make sure that "Right click in the build messages -> Fit automatically" is not enabled.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline twohrdrive

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »
Thanks for your response...

It is currently and always has been unchecked -_-

Offline twohrdrive

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »
Make sure that "Right click in the build messages -> Fit automatically" is not enabled.

Ahah! It turns out that enabling that "fit automatically" when right clicking in the messages column actually solved my problem. But unfortunately, it also fits everything in the "File" column, which means that it cuts off the end of the build message if the message is long.

Thank you - never would have figured that out if I didn't look there...

Cheers,

-A
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:23:29 pm by twohrdrive »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:01 pm »
if you have long error message i would recommend to use the "build log" tab