Author Topic: Missing Compiler!  (Read 9083 times)

Offline adeptJR

• Single posting newcomer
Missing Compiler!
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »
I install codeblocks with the FULL setting(Meaning EVERYTHING) and it goes through successfully. I then boot it up and it tells me there's no Compiler, despite me telling it to install one. What's going on and how do I fix this?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Missing Compiler!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »
What did you install! Please give the command or the exe filename?

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline adeptJR

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:59:28 am »
I used the following installer:
codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe

i can't compile anything. It keeps telling me that it can't find some gnu gcc compiler for lm8. Despite me telling it to use a different compiler. Also, isn't a compiler included with the mingw setup? Why isn't it finding and using that? All I'm trying to get it to do is make it print a line of text on screen. It just refuses to compile!!

edit: 2 minutes later it complains about gnu gcc compiler for lm32. What the hell does it think its doing?!?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:02:12 am by adeptJR »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:29:23 am »
Post the build log! Because you appear to be using the wrong compiler; but, seeing what it says will confirm that.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Instead of using "GNU GCC Compiler for LM32" try using "GNU GCC Compiler" as your project Compiler.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:33:18 am by stahta01 »
--

Offline adeptJR

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:01 pm »
I have. It still gave me that damn 'Compiler doesn't exist' garbage.

Furthermore, I've officially abandoned Codeblocks as I don't have time for the nonsense its spewing out. I've already downloaded and installed DevC++ and it's working far better. Could you check the mingw setup and make it a bit more forceful in installing and establishing compilers to ensure that such infuriations don't occur further.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 12:43:14 am »
I have. It still gave me that damn 'Compiler doesn't exist' garbage.

Furthermore, I've officially abandoned Codeblocks as I don't have time for the nonsense its spewing out. I've already downloaded and installed DevC++ and it's working far better. Could you check the mingw setup and make it a bit more forceful in installing and establishing compilers to ensure that such infuriations don't occur further.

We can NOT fix user errors remotely, you picked a Compiler that is NOT on your PC!

Tim S.
--

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 12:44:40 am »
Anyone good at doing Wiki pages, I think we need a wiki page on how to change the Compiler being used in a CB project?

Tim S.
--

Offline DLH4444

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 03:49:05 am »
Evening all,

I am having the same problem adeptJR had.

My current system is Windows 10 - 64 Bit and I downloaded the "codeblocks-16.01.setup.exe" from Sourceforge.net.  The note below the "Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x/10" files state that this setup program includes Code::Blocks with all plugins.

1 - Does the Code::Blocks setup contain just the IDE (i.e. no compilers) and that the compilers must be downloaded separately?

2 - I am currently using Dev-C++ 5.1 IDE with TDM-GCC compiler version 4.9.2 64-bit compiler - Does the version and bit size have to match (i.e Code::Blocks say that the plugin is for TDM-GCC 4.9.2 32-bit compiler but the IDE fails to see my TDM-GCC 4.9.2 64-bit compiler)?

Also, I have read the Code::Blocks wiki which says to go to the settings -> Compiler and Debugger (current version of Code::Blocks has compiler and Debuggers on separate items) and when selecting the Compiler from the list, TDM-GCC is not one of the listed compilers.  Do I need to download another plugin or is there a compatible entry that I can use?

Thank you in advance
Delvin
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:11:46 am by DLH4444 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 01:23:39 pm »
TDM-GCC is just a build of the GCC compiler. So you should just setup the GCC compiler to use your TDM compiler. Set the paths and executable names correctly and most probably the compiler will work just fine in C::B.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline DLH4444

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 02:11:00 am »
oBFuscated,

Thank you for the reply. I went back into the Code::Blocks Configuration (Settings) for the compiler and pressed the reset button and Code::Blocks found my TDM Compiler and it appears that everything is working fine now.

Thanks again for your Help
Delvin