Author Topic: The 25 September 2016 build (10912) is out.  (Read 40402 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 25 September 2016 build (10912) is out.
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:41:50 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc510-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/mingwm10_gcc510-TDM.7z

The 25 September 2016 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2016/CB_20160925_rev10912_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 1.30.0

Resolved Fixed:

• Lower optimization level on Fedora 24 as workaround to avoid a crash on startup. GCC6's optimization seems to be more (too ?) aggressive
  • ScriptingWizard: Add support for 3.1 in the WxWidgets wizard (thanks New Pagodi)
  • compiler: Save the other resource settings in the Compiler options dialog
  • Linux (autofoo): use system provided squirrel if installed (based on Fedoras unbundle-patch)
  • Linux (autofoo): use system provided astyle, if installed (based on Fedoras unbundle-patch)
  • Linux (autofoo): use system provided tinyxml if installed (based on Fedoras unbundle-patch)
  • Linux autofoo: workaround for gcc6 optimization bug (reverts/enhances r10869)
  • Linux (autofoo): build fix needed after r10872 and r10874
  • Linux (autofoo): add tinyxml compiler-flags globally, because they are needed by each file that includes "configmanager.h"
  • Add include path for tinyxml.h in all relevant project-files, needed after r10874
  • Linux (autofoo): remove obsoleted (and redundant) "AC_PROG_LIBTOOL)
  • Spellchecker-plugin: add (Fedora-)path for dictionaries
  • Windows build fix: undefine _UNICODE only whebn including squirrel-header; based on patch from stahta01, see: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,21318.msg145515.html
  • autofoo: detect the toolkit used to build wxWidgets and use either gtk2 or gtk3 to avoid crashes because of mixing gtk2 and gtk3 libs
  • CppCheck: Support for XML log file format v1 and v2 (v1 will be obsolete soon)
  • CC: fix SF ticket 278 and ticket 393, thanks White-Tiger
  • MacrosManager - Add additional tests to MacrosManager to determine if a newer project has been activated
  • CC and SDK: Apply modified SF ticket #66 Patch for "Goto Function" enhancement. Thanks Bat
  • CC: fix a endless loop crash bug when parsing C99 designated initializer
  • CC: fix a bug that we have forget adding the doxygen documents for macro definitions in Tokenize
  • CCTest: automatically test for doxygen document. (thanks White-Tiger)
  • Fix SF Ticket #386 Parallel builds arbitrarily limited to 100
  • wx3: Fix assert due to the same labeled property added to the wxSmith's property grid for wxStdDialogButtonSizer
  • UI: Fix default buttons in most dialog broken after the change to use wxStdDialogButtonSizer (ticket #368)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline turbosnail

• Single posting newcomer
    Re: The 25 September 2016 build (10912) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:34:18 am »
    SpellCheck !!! no working.

I think that to use this plugin in Russian is not a good idea. and besides, he eats resources and sometimes crash C :: B at start on wxWidgets3

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:11:33 am »
    I think that to use this plugin in Russian is not a good idea.
    The problem with Khram is that he doesn't want to cooperate with us, so we cannot fix his problem...

and besides, he eats resources and sometimes crash C :: B at start on wxWidgets3
    Do you know how to reproduce the crashes?
    And what do you mean by "he eats resources"?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 01:18:41 am »
    Hi, killerbot, It looks like the wx dll is still the old one, but we need a new one, see our discussion here:

Re: SVN build crashes when trying to editing/adding new compiler flags

Thanks
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline trivia21

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:08:22 am »
    GCC, Linux.
    Code
    ../../src/base/tinyxml/.libs/libtinyxml.a(tinywxuni.o): In function `wxThread::OnExit()':
    /home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/base/tinyxml/tinywxuni.cpp:14: multiple definition of `TinyXML::LoadDocument(wxString const&, TiXmlDocument*)'
    .libs/tinywxuni.o:/home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/sdk/tinywxuni.cpp:14: first defined here
    ../../src/base/tinyxml/.libs/libtinyxml.a(tinywxuni.o): In function `TinyXML::LoadDocument(wxString const&)':
    /home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/base/tinyxml/tinywxuni.cpp:35: multiple definition of `TinyXML::LoadDocument(wxString const&)'
    .libs/tinywxuni.o:/home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/sdk/tinywxuni.cpp:35: first defined here
    ../../src/base/tinyxml/.libs/libtinyxml.a(tinywxuni.o): In function `TinyXML::SaveDocument(wxString const&, TiXmlDocument*)':
    /home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/base/tinyxml/tinywxuni.cpp:46: multiple definition of `TinyXML::SaveDocument(wxString const&, TiXmlDocument*)'
    .libs/tinywxuni.o:/home/username/install/cb/trunk/src/sdk/tinywxuni.cpp:46: first defined here
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [libcodeblocks.la] Error 1
    I'm using
    Code
    ./configure --with-contrib-plugins=BrowseTracker,Cccc,CppCheck,codesnippets,codestat,Cscope,EditorTweaks,keybinder,smartindent,Valgrind --with-wx-config=/home/username/install/wxGTK-2.8.12/INSTALL/bin/wx-config --with-wx-prefix=/home/username/install/wxGTK-2.8.12/INSTALL --with-wx-exec-prefix=/home/username/install/wxGTK-2.8.12/INSTALL
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:15:51 am by trivia21 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:38 am »
    @trivia21: Is this a clean build?
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline trivia21

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:13 am »
    @trivia21: Is this a clean build?
    Nope. I did a clean build now, it worked.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 05:25:14 am »
    Hello Everybody.

I had with the nightly before (The 21 June 2016 build (10868)) some heuristic behaviour based virus-detections again with Symantec Norton 630. Further investigations showed that this where "False Positive" detections.  Thus I decided to provide Symantec a zip-file with all 6 exe and 79 dll files of this nightly with the request to place them on their whitelist to prevent such detections for the current nightly.

They have accepted my request and yesterday I received the following reply:
    Hello,

In relation to software whitelist submission 4003687.

We have added this version of the software to our whitelist.
    Whitelisting is file specific. A new version of your software may have new files and thus new versions of the files would not be known to us. This could result in a false positive occurring on the new files.
    In order to mitigate this risk, we recommend submitting new versions of your software to us.

Symantec's decision is not a certification or endorsement of your software in any way, and you are expressly advised by this message that Symantec does not consent to you disclosing that Symantec has added your software to its White-List, or that Symantec has evaluated, endorsed or certified your software in any manner, directly or indirectly.

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving landscape.

Please see our software whitelist program FAQ here: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH232956.html

Sincerely,
    Symantec Security Response
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com

My first tests with the "File Insight" tool of Norton showed, that dll files detected as suspicious in the old release are now accepted as ok, even they are new and only less Norton users seem to use the new nightly (known by Symantec).

How ever, I hope that this nightly will not be detected by Symantec products any more and if so the mail posted here will be helpful while further discussions.

Best regards,
                        Eckard Klotz.

Offline ascker

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 10:59:53 am »
    Hello all,
    I find CodeBlocks good IDE but I have problem with dpiaware, because my screen is 4K and the coding in CodeBlocks is not fun at all with 4K screen.

Using manifest file make the gui and icons okay but font and text is too old or not easy to read and recognise the colors.

Could I solve this problem with this version??????

Thank you...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »
    No, CB is not dpiaware yet. Finders crossed that I'll buy myself a 4k monitor for Christmas. :)

Offline ascker

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 12:47:38 pm »
    Thanks for your replay.
    Is there any plan in this year for dpiaware?

Offline hairuoai

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 03:34:45 am »
    seems the abbreviations funcition is not working ?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 09:40:06 pm »

any more information?

Offline hairuoai

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 07:23:55 am »

any more information?

for example , if i type "now"+ctrl+j,it should print the time .and this action didn't make any change ....

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 07:45:26 am »

any more information?

for example , if i type "now"+ctrl+j,it should print the time .and this action didn't make any change ....
    Can you please check whether the menuentry "Edit-> Autocomplete" works and still has the "Ctrl+J" shortcut assigned ?