Author Topic: codecompletion plugin lead codeblocks crash, do GUI operation in worker thread  (Read 36245 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
OK, four years later, and I still think I need symbol tree. So, this is the patch against the latest svn head.
I build it under 32bit gcc 7.2 under Windows with wx 3.1.1.

I think we can "disable" the option to show the whole project's tokens in the tree, because this should take too long. But for tokens in a single source file, it should be OK. I don't see time lags.

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Can you explain how this patch works and what it tries to achieve?
I've tried to look at it, but I'm not familiar with the code, so I cannot really say if it is a good idea.

Generally my understanding is that without a major redesign, the Class Browser would be a constant cause of problems. As far as I can see this is not a major redesign, but a try to workaround the problem...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
Can you explain how this patch works and what it tries to achieve?
I've tried to look at it, but I'm not familiar with the code, so I cannot really say if it is a good idea.
The patch is quite simple, it just translate all the "tree building" code snippets from running in a worker thread to the main GUI thread. Those code snippets was running both from the main GUI thread and worker thread. By using this patch, a custom event is used, when we need to build the tree or operating on the tree, the event if fired, and the final operations all happens in the main GUI thread.

Generally my understanding is that without a major redesign, the Class Browser would be a constant cause of problems. As far as I can see this is not a major redesign, but a try to workaround the problem...
Yes, I agree, this patch is just a workaround.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Also I don't think it is a good idea to push this now. It will be good if you can wait a bit.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
Hi, @kipade, I see one issue about your patch (cc-build-symbol-tree-in-main-thread.patch), I see that the class of the current cpp/h file only shown when I collapse the root node and expand it again, see gif screen shot here: https://github.com/asmwarrior/cbdiscuss/blob/master/symbol_tree1.gif