Author Topic: Feature Request: Auto EOL Mode  (Read 4808 times)

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
Feature Request: Auto EOL Mode
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:18:06 pm »
I was wondering if it would be possible to have the editor pick the EOL based on the file.  Right now I have to choose the line ending (CR / LF, LF or CR), which is a bit of a pain since I work on source files which some are in 'nix format (LF) and some are in windows format (CR / LF).  The editor loads the files fine, regardless of the EOL char, but when I enter a newline with the EOL mode set to CR / LF in a 'nix source file, I end up with mixed line endings (obviously).

SciTE supports this, and I believe wxScintilla is more-or-less current with Scintilla, so I'm hoping it can be added.

Thanx for your time! :)

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: Feature Request: Auto EOL Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 03:51:49 pm »
I really really want the option for this and several other global settings to be overridden in the .cbp file.

I have my global preference for using a 4-space soft tab, but at work I have to use a 4-space hard tab. It'd be nice if I could just set my work preferences and have them applied whenever I'm working on a project there.

There are profiles, which in part solves this, but it seems like an awkward workaround. Not real sure on this. Hmm
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool: