Author Topic: Codeblocks16.01 in Ubuntu 16.04 stops working after opening the source file!  (Read 4676 times)

Offline slalom3

• Multiple posting newcomer
After I start codeblocks and opening my project and then opening source code from the management panel, everything suddenly stops working! (Codeblocks hangs) and after some seconds, the application turns into gray collar (like when Firefox has a problem with flash player and it hangs!)

It should also be noted that I installed the ppa.I downloaded the package from: launchpad.net/~damien-moore/+archive/ubuntu/codeblocks-stable the package itself works fine, since I installed it on another computer with ubuntu 15.10
Also removing and reinstalling did not solve the problem.

thanks for any suggestion in advance.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Does this project works on the other computer?

Can you start codeblocks, disable the code completion plugin and try to open your project? (Plugins->Manage plugins->Code Completion -> Disable)

greetings

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Disable the Symbol browser in the Code completion settings. It is known to fail with wx3.0.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline slalom3

Thanks BlueHazzard .By disabling Code Completionnow it works.
But as you answered my other question, I have a code with nested namspaces and classes, so I do need Code Completion!
But I think it is better to follow it below that question.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Thanks BlueHazzard .By disabling Code Completionnow it works.
But as you answered my other question, I have a code with nested namspaces and classes, so I do need Code Completion!
But I think it is better to follow it below that question.
Did you try oBFusCATed suggested ?
Not to disable the whole codecompletion, but just the symbolsbrowser in the settings of the codecompletion ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
I thought they are the same! There is nor settings in (Plugins->Manage plugins->Code Completion), nor symbolsbrowser.
where can I find these settings/symbolsbrowser?

You have to check "Settings -> Editor -> Code completion -> Symbols browser -> Disable symbols browser"

Offline slalom3

You have to check "Settings -> Editor -> Code completion -> Symbols browser -> Disable symbols browser"

Thank you, got it

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Disable the Symbol browser in the Code completion settings. It is known to fail with wx3.0.

My codeblocks-stable PPA is built against wx2.8, so wx3.0 shouldn't be the problem here.

Offline slalom3

My codeblocks-stable PPA is built against wx2.8, so wx3.0 shouldn't be the problem here.

After disabling Symbol browser the problem is fixed. The thing is I have same version of codeblocks installed on Ubuntu 15 and it works fine, but there is a problem with ubuntu 16.04.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Yes, the working one is using wx2.8 and the broken is using wx3.x.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline slalom3

Yes, the working one is using wx2.8 and the broken is using wx3.x.

Thanks.