Author Topic: GDB for CLI ineffective under Ubuntu 15.10.  (Read 2197 times)

Offline immortalsoFar

• Single posting newcomer
GDB for CLI ineffective under Ubuntu 15.10.
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:50 pm »
Since using Code::blocks last, I upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10 from 14.04LTS, both running Gnome3 flashback and currently 3.17.2. I installed Code::Blocks 16.01 but the problem persists.
Starting Code::blocks from the command line (which used to be the only way to get CLI output) and then starting to debug, I get:
Code
Option "-t" is no longer supported in this version of gnome-terminal.
Switching layout to "GDB/CDB debugger:Default"
warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted
All of this seems (so far as I remember it) pretty standard other than the -t option problem.
It opens up a new terminal, ignores any breakpoints, sends the output to the original terminal and then terminates leaving the new terminal open. If I run it again, the output goes to the second terminal and yet another terminal opens. This repeats with the output going to the previously opened terminal and all debugging instructions (including step into or breakpoints) being ignored.
Any ideas or settings I need to change?

Thanks,

Mike.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: GDB for CLI ineffective under Ubuntu 15.10.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
Setting -> Environment -> General settings -> Terminal to launch -> Edit the parameter until it works again.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline immortalsoFar

• Single posting newcomer
Re: GDB for CLI ineffective under Ubuntu 15.10.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:01:00 am »
Got the debugging working again (default values for tcc don't include -g in the linking option). Still working on the terminal issue (the terminals don't go away, either).