Author Topic: Unable to open file 'GDI32.LIB' when builing template window app with Borland  (Read 7103 times)

Thomas Jensen

I'm trying to build the Win32 GUI Application template with an (almost) fresh installment of Code::Blocks v1.0 and Borland C++ Compiler v5.5.1. Compiling goes fine, but when trying to build I get this error: Unable to open file 'GDI32.LIB'. I checked the dirs, and the file is there. Does anyone know what to do here?

Also, I set the linker to link the app with cw32.lib, kernel32.lib and user32.lib, as it seems these were necessary when I were making console apps earlier on. Are these causing problems when linked with a Win32 GUI app?

As you can probably guess I'm not very experienced with programming, any help will be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:51:21 am by Thomas Jensen »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
I'm trying to build the Win32 GUI Application template with an (almost) fresh installment of Code::Blocks v1.0 and Borland C++ Compiler v5.5.1. Compiling goes fine, but when trying to build I get this error: Unable to open file 'GDI32.LIB'. I checked the dirs, and the file is there. Does anyone know what to do here?

I would suggest you to try with a nightly build as first thing. If the linker is unable to open a file and the file in question really exists, then it means that the path is wrong or the linker does not know where to get it. Check if the path is correct.

Michael

Thomas Jensen

If the linker is unable to open a file and the file in question really exists, then it means that the path is wrong or the linker does not know where to get it. Check if the path is correct.
You were right. It seems I had only set the lib dir to C:\Borland\BCC55\Lib\ and not C:\Borland\BCC55\Lib\PSDK. I added the later, now it works. Thank you  :)