Author Topic: wxWidgets/wxSmith 3.* and wxAui  (Read 2775 times)

Offline ispex

• Single posting newcomer
wxWidgets/wxSmith 3.* and wxAui
« on: March 19, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »
I am trying to develop an app using wxAui and wxSmith to design the layout. However when I go to compile the application I receive the following message in my build log....
Code
-------------- Build: Debug in vnetwork (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++  -o bin/Debug/vnetwork obj/Debug/vnetworkApp.o obj/Debug/vnetworkMain.o  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0   
obj/Debug/vnetworkMain.o: In function `vnetworkFrame::vnetworkFrame(wxWindow*, int)':
/home/jono/Documents/code/vnetwork/vnetworkMain.cpp:67: undefined reference to `wxAuiManager::wxAuiManager(wxWindow*, unsigned int)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

I manually added the includes for wxAui specifically for the wxAuiManager....
Code
#include <wx/aui/aui.h>
#include <wx/aui/framemanager.h>

Is there some linker or other option I am missing here? I am using wxWidgets 3.* and code::blocks SVN build revision 10794.

Peace,
Jonathan.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wxWidgets/wxSmith 3.* and wxAui
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:51:15 pm »
Go to the linker options, find the wx-config and add aui in the list of modules you want to link.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]