Author Topic: Can't see the text in the Build log, due to the color  (Read 7571 times)

CHAOS-THEORY

Can't see the text in the Build log, due to the color
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »
So as you can see in the screenshot, i can't see and neither change the color of the background or the text inside the Build Log.
I couldn't find anything about this, except one outdated topic back in 2008.
The convenient place i could think of to change this is in Settings > Environment > Colors > Log.
Except that it's missing.
Anyone knows a way over this?

Edit: Removed non-English content.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:00:09 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Can't see the text in the Build log, due to the color
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:18:21 pm »
What is the message?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:00:15 pm »
I don't think that at the moment it is possible to change the log background color...
Patches welcome ;)

greetings

CHAOS-THEORY

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »
I never worked on Code::Blocks source code, i don't even know if it's written in C or C++, what paradigm is used, can anyone please just give me a quick fix, and what about the nightly builds, do they have this patch?
@oBFusCATed It's just a build log.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:16:24 pm by CHAOS-THEORY »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:30 pm »
I never worked on Code::Blocks source code, i don't even know if it's written in C or C++, what paradigm is used, can anyone please just give me a quick fix, and what about the nightly builds, do they have this patch?
@oBFusCATed It's just a build log.

Code::Blocks is written in C++ http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Coding_style http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Creating_a_patch_to_submit_%28Patch_Tracker%29
Are you using the current 16.01 release; if NOT try it and see if the problem still exists.

I suggest posting the info needed to help you; like Operating System and Code::Blocks version information; also, how to duplicate the problem.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

CHAOS-THEORY

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 11:13:23 am »
Am on Debian Stretch Alpha04, using code::blocks 16.01.
All i want is to change the color of the background of the build log as i mentioned above, cause i can't read it.
I couldn't find a way to change the color from the GUI, can anyone make a patch and add this feature

CHAOS-THEORY

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »
Sorry for double posting, but i figured out why i couldn't see the text, well due to the controls theme being dark the default text color for the any GUI application will follow the white color as default, which made some texts in websites and the build log appear white, and due to the white background of them, i almost couldn't see anything.
Still, it would be a really nice add to be able to change code::blocks build log color.
The controls theme in Cinnamon, which i changed to one that have a black text instead of white

And the result

Tada

nevermind, you may lock the topic mod

Edit: Removed non-English content.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:59:04 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »
@CHAOS: Would you pleas stop posting non-English content in your messages? Please respect our forum rules. Thank you.

I've had to adjust you posts accordingly. Any I don't if people steal my lifetime for such.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

CHAOS-THEORY

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 06:39:21 pm »
I don't see how saying hey in Thamazight, which is the oldest language alive is considered this offensive to some people and making it like am speaking chinese in everything while it's a matter of a word.
And i don't see any forum rules anywhere, and if you're talking about the registration agreement, i don't see anything that forbids saying hey or talking in any other language...
Bu since you enjoy being staff enjoy the forums as well being as powerhunger, cause am not gonna be here to use it, unbelievable, peace.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 07:12:31 pm »
<facepalm>
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 05:32:47 am »
Bu since you enjoy being staff enjoy the forums as well being as powerhunger, cause am not gonna be here to use it, unbelievable, peace.[/font]
Look, its very simple and has been explained a thousand times in this forum:

By law we are forced to read every single post in this forum because we are responsible for the content and we will go to jail if people post illegal stuff here. Thats why the forum is English-only. Everything (including weird symbols) we don't understand has to be taken as a serious threat as it could be a call for murder in the worst case. Thats the best we can do.

Either you respect that or you will be banned. We are really serious on that topic! Period.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

karora

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in fixing this.

As far as I can see the unreadable panes of "Logs & others" when using a dark theme (i.e. where the background is white, and there seems no configuration to change that) are:

Code::Blocks
Build Log
Debugger

The other panes (Search results & Build messages) have a dark background.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the codeblocks codebase, however, so just to confirm I'm looking in the right area & going about this in the right way, does it seem that these settings are normally controlled by CSS?

Looking around line 360-390 of compilergcc.cpp looks like a good place to start, where both "Build Log" (bad) and "Build Messages" (good) are initialised.  Does this seem the right place to start?

Any helpful hints to offer?

Thanks,
Andrew McMillan.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 04:40:21 pm »
Have you checked the Settings -> Enviroment -> Colours -> Log?