Author Topic: Some issues  (Read 3802 times)

suiram

Some issues
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:33:22 pm »
-In general menuitems to be linked to 'somehow standardized' accelerators as:
Save      Ctrl+S,
Save As  Ctrl A and so on.

-In some menu items the ... (3 dots) are missing for the command(s) followd by a popup modal dialog.

-Some menuitems are enabled even they should not be. Open a file then select project options.
-If would be better that the project wizard to be brought to the next level not just generating a standard
c/cpp file (see visual studio wizard).

PS.
In general I like Code:Blocks more than any other C++ IDE. 

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Some issues
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 05:12:44 pm »
Above all, whenever reporting a problem of any kind, you should tell us what version you are referring to, because otherwise, the information is pretty much worthless.

-In general menuitems to be linked to 'somehow standardized' accelerators as:
Save      Ctrl+S,
Save As  Ctrl A and so on.
Ctrl A is defined as "select all" everywhere on this planet...
Code::Blocks uses standard key shortcuts as good as we are able to implement it. That does of course not mean that we don't make mistakes :)
Which ones (except for the one above) do you think are non-standard?

-In some menu items the ... (3 dots) are missing for the command(s) followd by a popup modal dialog.
Which ones?

-Some menuitems are enabled even they should not be. Open a file then select project options.
For project properties, that's indeed true in HEAD. Which ones else did you notice?

-If would be better that the project wizard to be brought to the next level not just generating a standard c/cpp file (see visual studio wizard).
Again, I don't know what version you are referring to, but the project wizards are able to do a lot more than that. As far as Visual Studio is concerned, I do not know what exactly it is you want, you may want to elaborate.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."