Author Topic: [16.01 incl MinGW] "entry point '_printf_' missing in as.exe"  (Read 4647 times)

Offline J.

• Multiple posting newcomer
[16.01 incl MinGW] "entry point '_printf_' missing in as.exe"
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:21:31 pm »
First of, thanks for the new version!

Compilation issue (on Win10/CB16.01) I couldnt find to be covered in any posting up to now:
  • compilation of hello world example breaks with error entry point "_printf_" in dll "[path to mingw32 bin folder\]as.exe" missing (error message translated to English)
  • compilation with mingw version (other than the one shipped with CB 16.01) works

Happy to test. Please give me a shout if you want me to file a bug in any tracker.

Thanks
J.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: [16.01 incl MinGW] "entry point '_printf_' missing in as.exe"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »
Happy to test. Please give me a shout if you want me to file a bug in any tracker.
Well it works out of the box here (Win10, C::B 16.01-MinGW). Are you sure you don't have a conflicting compiler selected / in the path? Please post the full build log of a re-build.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline J.

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: [16.01 incl MinGW] "entry point '_printf_' missing in as.exe"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:05:36 pm »
[...]Are you sure you don't have a conflicting compiler selected / in the path?
Yep, I am pretty sure - for two reasons: (1) the path in Settings > Compiler > Toolchain executables is set to 'C:\codeblocks\MinGW' in this example and (2)
Code
C:\>where mingw32-gcc.exe
C:\codeblocks\MinGW\bin\mingw32-gcc.exe
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-gcc.exe
BTW: After setting the compiler settings path (i.e. (1) above) to 'C:\MinGW', compilation works like a charm, i.e. then CB appears to call 'C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-gcc.exe'.

Please post the full build log of a re-build.
Here it is the build log up and until compilation abortion:
Code
C:\...\c\TestPrintCompilation>mingw32-gcc.exe -Wall -g -Wshadow -Winit-self -Wredundant-decls -Wunreachable-code -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -pedantic -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wfatal-errors -Wextra -Wall -g  -c C:\...\c\TestPrintCompilation\main.c -o obj\Debug\main.o
cc1.exe: warning: command line option '-Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant' is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
where
  • main.c contains the standard 'hello world' sample and
  • compilation is aborted with a pop-up window showing the error message as mentioned before
  • running the compilation command on the command line (with directory set to the folder where main.c is residing) reproduces the error log and the error message prompted in the pop-up window

I might be wrong, but I thought that specifying the compiler settings path makes PATH irrelevant, although the full paths of the exe's are not shown in the build log. Isn't this true?

Thanks in any event!