Author Topic: rev 1831 does not build  (Read 29311 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: rev 1831 does not build
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 01:11:34 pm »
Anyway, I feel a bit uncomfortable that the setting of plugins has been put within the Environment settings.
At the risk of being repetitive... it is not finished yet. A couple of things will still be subject to change. Very likely, plugins will also be classified in some manner. Compiler and debugger, for example, although technically plugins, are as good as "core", so they should not be hidden among a multitude of other plugins in the end.
Moving all non-core plugins to a separate dialog is possible, and likely to be done. At the present time, this is still work in progress.

Thank you very much for the explanation :). Yes, I agree that core plugins should not be hidden among all the other plugins. Core plugins should be kept possibly within (or near :)) the "core". The other might or should be kept separate.

Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 01:24:33 pm »
we can remove transparency alltogether and blend the icons against the background colour.
Hardcoding (blending) to white colour will look ok on Windows 2000, but they will look really horrible in other systems that haves the background colour of the ListBook different. For example, in the (future) wxMac port of C::B. They will look even worse than in w2k.
So neither options are great. Icons with alpha is not easy...

Very likely, plugins will also be classified in some manner.
Plugins categories. :)

Moving all non-core plugins to a separate dialog is possible, and likely to be done. At the present time, this is still work in progress.
I like the centralized way as it's now (everything in one dialog), and certainly having settings categories will help to not requiere to make separate dialogs.

The smaller the target size, the harder it is to get everything right, as you have to make more and more abstractions to reduce the level of detail.

While that's correct, it isn't important when we can't even get icons with (or without for this matter) alpha right.

I think that the alpha-icon-problem-on-windows-2000 should be solved from the wxWidgets side this way: When loading a png, it should always dither the alpha channel to the background colour. That means converting icons 32->24 bits in real time (on systems that doesn't support alpha icons, that is).

Angelo

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 09:10:36 pm »
48x48px is imo best way... 64x64 for me, are too big. (1024x768 resolution)

Offline EugenioR

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 09:55:49 am »
Heh, you wanted it to be that easy, but that requieres a full recompile: :)
Au contraire, mon capitaine.
It is in fact a lot more complicated. If you want to use 48x48 icons (or 64x64), then you will have to design them for that size. You cannot just scale the existing ones down, it does not work like this.
The reason why the icons have the size they have is that you are unable to see certain details below a certain size (as it happens, this is not visible in your screenshot, but it will be quite visible in some of the others). The smaller the target size, the harder it is to get everything right, as you have to make more and more abstractions to reduce the level of detail.

Hi! :)
Why this complicated? Before reading this thread, I went to /usr/share/codeblocks/images/settings and did
Code
for FF in `ls`; do sudo convert $FF -resize 35% $FF; done
After this, the icons in settings dialog were fine (attached screenshot). Am I destroying something?...
And this is still too big for an average 13,3'' screen (my vertical resolution is 768 and still have to scroll... please note there are two scrollbars, quite annoying).
Any way to have lateral icons?

Eugenio

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »
Any way to have lateral icons?
Not without modifying the sources.

Next time,m please do not hijack a 5 year old thread, please!

I've locked this topic now.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ