Author Topic: Trouble installing C::B 16.01 on Ubuntu 15.10 (unsatisfiable dependencies)  (Read 14526 times)

Offline camilocc

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • ca2 Software Development
...can you try this PPA and provide feedback, please?

https://code.launchpad.net/~damien-moore/+archive/ubuntu/codeblocks-stable

Perfect!!

I used the following commands at Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit:

su root
add-apt-repository ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-stable
apt-get update
apt-get install codeblocks

Perfect!!

Offline tool46and2

• Single posting newcomer
  • Kill me... please.
    • DON'T GO HERE!!!
Yeah, it works well, but it still doesn't include some features that are present in the Windows version.

Like automatically adding a newline and auto-indenting into a newly created block.
(pressing enter after a function definition auto indents, then pressing a left bracket completes the block)

That's the only reason I wanted to upgrade. It's a very convenient feature that is unfortunately missing.

I've checked my Windows C::B editor config, and compared that with the linux C::B config and there are absolutely no differences.

Why isn't this feature present in the linux release?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:07:39 am by tool46and2 »
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
There is no functional difference between the Linux and Windows version except the Widows-only plugins (that make no sense under Linux anyways). Please have a look at the editor properties. So not the settings file but really the editor config (UI). It is not recommended to work directly on config files as it may corrupt them and make them unusable. Settings should only be changed through C::B itself.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Yeah, it works well, but it still doesn't include some features that are present in the Windows version.

Like automatically adding a newline and auto-indenting into a newly created block.
(pressing enter after a function definition auto indents, then pressing a left bracket completes the block)

That's the only reason I wanted to upgrade. It's a very convenient feature that is unfortunately missing.

I've checked my Windows C::B editor config, and compared that with the linux C::B config and there are absolutely no differences.

Did you install the codeblocks-contrib package? Do you have all the same plugins enabled (particularly smart indent, I think)?

jimistephen

I was having the same problem with 14.04. Got a hold of Damien and he helped me work out the ppa (was saying I was imputing more than one repository) have it working fine now.

Offline tool46and2

• Single posting newcomer
  • Kill me... please.
    • DON'T GO HERE!!!
Did you install the codeblocks-contrib package? Do you have all the same plugins enabled (particularly smart indent, I think)?

Nope, I didn't even know that a codeblocks-contrib package existed nor is it mentioned anywhere that I should install it.

But yeah, installing the contrib package fixed it. Thanks.

If anyone else wants auto indent run:

sudo apt-get install codeblocks-contrib

(you probably do want this, it speeds up coding if you're a slow typer)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:31:49 am by tool46and2 »
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!

beauxq

Using that ppa, for me, it still says it can't satisfy the dependencies.

Code
add-apt-repository ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-stable 
apt-get update
apt-get install codeblocks

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 codeblocks : Depends: libcodeblocks0 (= 16.01~ubuntu15.10.1) but 16.01 is to be installed
              Depends: codeblocks-common (= 16.01~ubuntu15.10.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Edit:
nevermind, I found the problem. Something I tried to do earlier was messing it up. I had to undo what I tried to do earlier.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:21:54 am by beauxq »