Author Topic: masm/nasm support.  (Read 9949 times)

Lf3T-Hn4D

masm/nasm support.
« on: January 22, 2006, 07:42:18 pm »
Hi,

Though this might be rather intrusive, i'm wondering if there will ever be any masm (vctoolkit) or nasam (gcc) support?

It's rather annoying to be building my own batch file and i don't even know how to pass in the correct parameter to get it working. Not to mention the project i'm working with have some asm files which are shared among different projects with different compiler defines set.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: masm/nasm support.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 07:55:28 pm »
It's rather annoying to be building my own batch file and i don't even know how to pass in the correct parameter to get it working.

Did you search in the forum for useful posts? I think that a try would be worth :).

Michael

Lf3T-Hn4D

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:35:36 am »
Yes i did. But I didn't get any good results. All I get was post about code::blocks don't support asm files. No body actually talked about what params to pass in or anything  :?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 10:37:45 am »
Try with e.g., "custom build", "batch file" (may be advanced search). I have found some info, but I do not know if they can be useful for you.

If not try to look at project/file --> Properties or may be with the Tools. [EDIT] May be by using a script file?

Michael

PS.: Did you give a try to nasm?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 01:03:45 pm by Michael »

Lf3T-Hn4D

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 05:03:46 pm »
thanks for the link. Though i still wish asm is supported natively. :P Guess i just have to wait for the new compile system.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 06:06:43 pm »
Though i still wish asm is supported natively.

NASM is a good alternative. It is used for building cross-platform and open source projects as Vitooki and xvidcore.

:P Guess i just have to wait for the new compile system.

That would be interesting, but I do not know how easy it would be to do, because C::B supports several compilers.

Michael

Lf3T-Hn4D

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 01:09:19 pm »
NASM is a good alternative. It is used for building cross-platform and open source projects as Vitooki and xvidcore.
Yeah, when i say asm, i meant both masm and nasm. :) Would be nice to have VCToolkit with nasm or masm support in C::B.