Author Topic: Debug Tooltip for expression  (Read 2890 times)

amatarazzo

Debug Tooltip for expression
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:01 pm »
I recently upgraded from kubuntu 15.04 to 15.10 and noticed an issue with the display of tool tips during a debugging session. The tool tips are too narrow and chop off the value of the variable being displayed. This is not the same case with all tool tips. Tips within the normal editing session are fine. I have pretty printers installed for stl. This was not occurring prior to updating the OS. I configured the font settings within the OS. Changed the setting on "show informational tips" within the OS under settings->workspace behaviour. As well, within the codeblocks IDE, changing settings->debugger "require control key to show the evaluate expression tooltips" to on/off off/on and changing the font size did not do the trick. The final tip width is not calculated correctly as the information is truncated. Perhaps it may be related to a timing issue as when the tips fade in smoothly upon the kubuntu 15.10 plasma workspace, the pretty printers do not set the width at the right time?  Any ideas where to change the settings? My laptop is a dual intel b90 2.2 ghz and eclipse is too slow for development speed. Thanks for any help.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Debug Tooltip for expression
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »
I guess C::B is built against wx3.0 on you new os.
If this is the case then you'll need C::B build that has this https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/10615/ fix in it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]