Author Topic: Problems building C::B  (Read 6496 times)

PChris

Problems building C::B
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:35:19 am »
Hi!
I have encountered problems when building Code Blocks from the standard rc2 package.
My steps:
1) I have downloaded the Windows version of wxWidgets 2.6.3, and I unzipped it to E:\GNU\wxWidgets
2) I have built wxWidgets exactly as described here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.2_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Building_wxWidgets, no problems occured.
3) I moved the files from lib/gcc_dll to lib/codeblocks, gcc_dll is now empty
4) I opened the C::B project, and set WX_DIR = E:\GNU\wxWidgets then => build
5) First Error: compiler couldn't find setup.h... Then I added E:\GNU\wxWidgets\lib\codeblocks\mswu to the Compiler directories. This solved the first error
6) Second error: Could not locate wxmsw242... Now I changed the name in the link libraries to wxmsw26u, and added $(WX_DIR)\lib\codeblocks to the linker directories. This solved the second error.
7) Third error:
Code
Project   : Code::Blocks
Compiler  : GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)
Directory : E:\GNU\codeblocks-1.0rc2\src\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: scintilla
Linking dynamic library: devel\wxscintilla.dll
Creating library file: devel\libwxscintilla.a
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.o(.text$_ZN12wxStringBaseC2EPKc[wxStringBase::wxStringBase(char const*)]+0x27): In function `Z10wxLogDebugPKcz':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/PlatWX.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxStringBase8InitWithEPKcjj'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.o(.text$_ZN12wxStringBaseC2EPKcj[wxStringBase::wxStringBase(char const*, unsigned int)]+0x23):E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/PlatWX.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxStringBase8InitWithEPKcjj'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\ScintillaWX.o(.text+0x21c7): In function `ZN11ScintillaWX17CreateSystemCaretEv':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/ScintillaWX.cpp:576: undefined reference to `CreateBitmap@20'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\ScintillaWX.o(.text+0x229b): In function `ZN11ScintillaWX18DestroySystemCaretEv':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/ScintillaWX.cpp:597: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\ScintillaWX.o(.text$_Z16wxGetTranslationPKc[wxGetTranslation(char const*)]+0x2c): In function `ZNK12wxSCICallTip12AcceptsFocusEv':
E:/GNU/wxWidgets/include/wx/window.h: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxLocale9GetStringEPKcS1_'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\wxscintilla.o(.text+0x6736): In function `ZN11wxScintilla12StyleSetSpecEiRK8wxString':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/wxscintilla.cpp:2551: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxString11BeforeFirstEc'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\wxscintilla.o(.text+0x675f):E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/wxscintilla.cpp:2552: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxString10AfterFirstEc'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\wxscintilla.o(.text+0x7186): In function `ZN11wxScintilla8SaveFileERK8wxString':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/wxscintilla.cpp:2724: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6wxFileC1EPKcNS_8OpenModeE'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\wxscintilla.o(.text+0x7332): In function `ZN11wxScintilla8LoadFileERK8wxString':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/wxscintilla.cpp:2736: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6wxFileC1EPKcNS_8OpenModeE'
.objs\sdk\wxscintilla\src\wxscintilla.o(.text$_ZeqRK8wxStringPKc[operator==(wxString const&, char const*)]+0x14): In function `ZNK6wxRect9GetBottomEv':
E:/GNU/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/wxscintilla.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxString3CmpEPKc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)
10 errors, 0 warnings
Now I don't know what to do....  :( PLS help me   :shock:

Tell me if you need more infos.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:44:24 am by PChris »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problems building C::B
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:48:23 am »
Hello,

First things first : forget about CB RC2 : it is old, remove it, delete it, kill it, ... ;-)
Then go to the wiki and read this article (since you want to build CB yourself) :
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook

It should explain everything you need to know. Good luck, any questions ; just post them here. I will be glad to help you.

Cheers,
Lieven

PChris

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:58:18 am »
Thanks, I will read this, and then post my results :D

10x: PChris 8)

PChris

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:23:35 am »
Well, it is functioning quite well till the end, but there you wrote:
and Code::Blocks will ask us for 2 global variables
But he isn't asking anything from me...
Where should I put these two paths?

PChris

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:34:32 am »
It's solved!
With the new version it asks me :D

Thanks guys :D

PChris

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:42:19 am »
Well, still experiencing some problems while building:
Code
-------------- Build: wxAUI in Code::Blocks ---------------
Compiling: src\wxAUI\manager.cpp
src\wxAUI\manager.cpp:1187: error: definition of static data member 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventTable' of dllimport'd class.
src\wxAUI\manager.cpp:1187: error: definition of static data member 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventHashTable' of dllimport'd class.
src\wxAUI\manager.cpp:1187: error: definition of static data member 'wxFrameManager::sm_eventTableEntries' of dllimport'd class.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:53:41 am »
indeed, that's a new bug : introduced today from update of wxAUI, we will have to wait a bit till Yiannis commits the fixes.
You can always choose with your Tortoise svn a previous revision (eg the revision before this one :2364), that should build ok.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:58:48 am by killerbot »

PChris

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 11:04:27 am »
Yup, it works now, I built the version 2364, and it went fine:
Code
Process terminated with status 0 (3 minutes, 55 seconds)
0 errors, 5 warnings

Thanks guys!
Would it be a nice idea to implement all switches of the Intel compiler in the C::B dialog?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:13:41 am »
compiler stuff is on the verge of being changed

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 12:02:43 pm »
First things first : forget about CB RC2 : it is old, remove it, delete it, kill it, ... ;-)

Ehm....kill it :roll:? Delete it should be enough, should not be :D?

Best wishes,
Michael