Author Topic: Release 15.12, RC1 has arrived  (Read 58041 times)

Offline l_inc

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Release 15.12, RC1 has arrived
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2015, 12:28:11 am »
jens
I never said, you read values from unallocated memory. I said, such reading could become a possible manifestation of the unfixed bug. And in this case you'd have a crash, not tab splitting.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 12:45:43 am »
I answered in the other thread and suggest to do it there, to not clutter this one more.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20667.msg141682.html#msg141682

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »
I wasn't aware this bug still exists. What else do we loose with this "work-around"? Any meaningful functionality?
The whole layout restoring of single projects is lost.
Is there any command or option that I can unsplitte all the editors?
sometimes, I see unwanted splitted editors when I open a second project. I need a way to unsplitte all editors. Thanks.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2015, 03:57:03 pm »
Unfortunately not.
If it would be so easy, it would not happen.
I'm aware of this issue, and look for a solution, but at the moment, I think the saving and restoring of tiled editors is more important,then the issue (in my opinion).
It works good for workspaces, to save the whole layout of many projects and it works much better for projects, that already have tiled editors, than for flat projects.

As you might have seen, I prefer not to talk about splitted editors, because that's not correct.
This might sound nitpicking, but a splitted editor has absolutely nothing to do with the tiled layout (whether it is broken or not). And restoring splitted editors should work correct.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 03:16:50 am »
Unfortunately not.
If it would be so easy, it would not happen.
I'm aware of this issue, and look for a solution, but at the moment, I think the saving and restoring of tiled editors is more important,then the issue (in my opinion).
It works good for workspaces, to save the whole layout of many projects and it works much better for projects, that already have tiled editors, than for flat projects.

As you might have seen, I prefer not to talk about splitted editors, because that's not correct.
This might sound nitpicking, but a splitted editor has absolutely nothing to do with the tiled layout (whether it is broken or not). And restoring splitted editors should work correct.
Hi, Jens. Yes, you are right, I mainly mean the tiled window. For a small screen, a tiled window is half the size of the flat window(the client area of the cb frame), It is annoying(Just see pecan's screenshot). Because in this case, I need to manully close all the tiled editor.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2015, 11:51:47 am »
I think you should just 1:1 copy project management tab from Visual Studio. And I still think it would be a nice option to somehow change visual properties of filenames in the list (text color for example). I'm going to keep suggesting this until I get what I want.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »
You can't clear the build log (Why would you clear it?). It gets cleared automatically if you hit the build button. You can hide the build log with the F2 key or set the auto hide setting: Settings->Environment->View->Auto hide/show message pane

I think that the build log (and build messages) should be cleared when closing a workspace. If I change workspaces, the old build log is there.

good idea

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »
It works good for workspaces

No it does not, adjust a project file outside CB (eg due to svn up ), CB asks to reload it (click yes) and this bug occurs. It is really annoying and bad user experience.

Offline Grabusz

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2015, 02:48:33 am »
So... my first post here... Hi :D
Here are few bugs that I found and ideas that I'd really like to see in Code::Blocks

1.When you open one (or more) files, there's a chance that C::B will hang after opening it. You will have to just kill the process, and start again... It took me 5 times to load all files I needed this time (it's not yet a project. I'm just testing something). And it's not just a recent bug, because it also occurs in 13.12.

2. It would be nice if C::B would create new empty file when you double-clicked on the tab bar with file names. (or maybe it already was implemented and it's somewhere in menu and I didn't find it?)

3. Could you please move the closing "x" button in Logs & others down to the tab bar, and maybe reserve some space at it's beginning for the title? It would add 1.6 - 2.3 lines of space to the editor.

4. Exporting Syntax highlighting settings into one file would be helpful, because everytime I format my disks (which is suprisingly often) I have to set Keywords and Filemasks again which is annoying.

5. C++ Parser hangs or just doing his job way too long, because sometimes it displays that popup (floating box? text? w/e) that it's still parsing files for more than an hour... in a project that includes 4 standard libraries and 5 small files.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:52:05 am by Grabusz »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »
I think you should just 1:1 copy project management tab from Visual Studio.
Why and which version do you like us to copy?
I've not used any version newer that 2008, but I've seen there are differences.
Also keep in mind that adding this should happens naturally, by this I mean a developer should decide that this is useful and should do the work.
Until then your posts will be ignored.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2015, 07:12:11 pm »
1.When you open one (or more) files, there's a chance that C::B will hang after opening it. You will have to just kill the process, and start again... It took me 5 times to load all files I needed this time (it's not yet a project. I'm just testing something). And it's not just a recent bug, because it also occurs in 13.12.
Can you share a file that will cause cb to crash?

2. It would be nice if C::B would create new empty file when you double-clicked on the tab bar with file names. (or maybe it already was implemented and it's somewhere in menu and I didn't find it?)
ctrl-shift-n or file -> new -> empty file

3. Could you please move the closing "x" button in Logs & others down to the tab bar, and maybe reserve some space at it's beginning for the title? It would add 1.6 - 2.3 lines of space to the editor.
Not possible, we're using the wxAui component and it doesn't have this feature.

4. Exporting Syntax highlighting settings into one file would be helpful, because everytime I format my disks (which is suprisingly often) I have to set Keywords and Filemasks again which is annoying.
You can copy the whole default.conf file or use the cb_share_config to copy parts of it, already. The default.conf is somewhere in %APP_DATA%/codeblocks (not a windows user, thus I might be wrong).

5. C++ Parser hangs or just doing his job way too long, because sometimes it displays that popup (floating box? text? w/e) that it's still parsing files for more than an hour... in a project that includes 4 standard libraries and 5 small files.
Share a project which can be used to reproduce the problem, please.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2015, 11:58:33 am »
Two of my past patches that would be good to get in RC2.

The setting of CMD_NULL to be just NUL is the most important one.

Code
From de1dfa465c5e8f059cf5e9acc02899f0d1249925 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 08:26:17 -0500
Subject: [PATCH 1/2] * sdk: Fixed value of "CMD_NULL" to be just "NUL".
 (Thanks stahta01)

---
 src/sdk/macrosmanager.cpp | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/src/sdk/macrosmanager.cpp b/src/sdk/macrosmanager.cpp
index 52c7888..1260a7d 100644
--- a/src/sdk/macrosmanager.cpp
+++ b/src/sdk/macrosmanager.cpp
@@ -130,11 +130,12 @@ void MacrosManager::ClearProjectKeys()

if (platform::windows)
     {
+        m_Macros[_T("CMD_NULL")]  = _T("NUL");
+
         const wxString cmd(_T("cmd /c "));
         m_Macros[_T("CMD_CP")]    = cmd + _T("copy");
         m_Macros[_T("CMD_RM")]    = cmd + _T("del");
         m_Macros[_T("CMD_MV")]    = cmd + _T("move");
-        m_Macros[_T("CMD_NULL")]  = cmd + _T("NUL");
         m_Macros[_T("CMD_MKDIR")] = cmd + _T("md");
         m_Macros[_T("CMD_RMDIR")] = cmd + _T("rd");
     }
--
2.6.4.windows.1

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline CJS

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2015, 12:49:45 pm »
4. Exporting Syntax highlighting settings into one file would be helpful...
You can copy the whole default.conf file or use the cb_share_config to copy parts of it, already. The default.conf is somewhere in %APP_DATA%/codeblocks (not a windows user, thus I might be wrong).

Typing %APPDATA% in the Win7 Start / Search box (no underscore) takes me to a directory "Roaming"
Under this is a directory \CodeBlocks where default.conf is found, containing xml format data.

On my system this also appears under C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks
(Currently using nightly svn 10136)

It can be in different places, see FAQ-Settings

Open a CMD prompt and type set (or set | more) to get a list of definitions for all the Windows system path variables.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2015, 02:08:48 pm »
stahta01: Do you have tickets for these two patches? If not please open two separate ones and describe the problems they fix (a link to forum discussion is fine), so we can decide if these can go or not.

Generally, it is too late for them to go in.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 07:55:26 am »
Generally, it is too late for them to go in.
I think the first one (NUL patch) is correct. If you want to pipe some output to NUL on Windows, the command is really wrong w/o the patch. It adds cmd /c in front, so for example:
$CMD_CP a b > $CMD_NUL
...becomes:
cmd.exe /c copy a b > cmd.exe /c NUL
...but really should be:
cmd.exe /c copy a b > NUL
The Linux part does it correct as expected. So this one I think we really should let go into.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ