Author Topic: Default CB 13:13 MinGW and wxWidgets 3.02 anomalies  (Read 9492 times)

dcbdbis

Default CB 13:13 MinGW and wxWidgets 3.02 anomalies
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »
Good Afternoon,

1st and most important, and big thank you to the C::B developers. I do appreciate a great product.

Default install of CB 13:12 using the MinGW compiler. When I build wxWidgets 3.02...C::B is..well..glitchy. Not all the documented properties show up in the IDE's GUI builder. I've tried this several times across 6 months all with the same results. I have NOT built C::B against wx 3.02 per the website's recommendation.

The build string I use is:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 CXXFLAGS=-fno-keep-inline-dllexport

followed by:

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 CXXFLAGS=-fno-keep-inline-dllexport

The wxString is unviewable in debug mode (saw the fix, haven't implemented it since I can't get wx 3 to behave in other areas)

Not all the documented properties of various wx 3 widgets show up in the C::B GUI designer.

I wish to use wx 3.02 because the Image/Bitmap objects have double-buffering, and the 2.8.12 widgets still flash and flicker even though I am using the flicker free suggestions of buffered objects for wx 2.8.12.

I am doing a low pixel by pixel level routine to repair the scratches and dust of old films that have been digitized. The double buffering in wx 3.02 really interests me.

My question is:

Should I use a different build string for wx 3?

Or am I putting a square peg in a round hole sort of thing?

Or am I missing (due to ignorance) some settings I need to change in C::B itself to make it happier? (At New->Project time, I do select wxWidgets 3 as the project base).

Any suggestions, or experiences will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave