Author Topic: codeblocks wxWidgets 3.0 on openSuSe 13.2  (Read 12989 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: codeblocks wxWidgets 3.0 on openSuSe 13.2
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 04:49:45 pm »
The easiest way to give me patches is:
1. commit each change in a separate commit
2. when you have something to submit use the git format-patch command to generate the patches
3. post the patches and then I'll be able to apply them with a single command.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »
I've reproduced the issue with the menu. It is cause by the compiler's menu rebuilding. I'll see if it is a cb or wx bug.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 07:21:57 pm »
I've fixed the issue in the branch. It turned out that invalid iterator is used, which is only visible in the wx-stl version.

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 09:07:37 pm »
lets try...

with an easy one.

please tell me if it worked
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 09:40:41 am »
hi again,

had a sudden work tsunami... don’t have much time right now.

attached the patch for the wxSmith
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »
1. std::vector<bool> is a special beast and should be avoided, I'd prefer if this is fixed by switching the type from bool to int in the wxArray declaration
2. you're using c++11, which is not allowed at the moment

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »
2. use of c++11 is not essential in the patches. it can easily be done without any c++11 artifact.

1. I agree on better not use std::vector<bool> for being such a strange asset. I would think it well possible to replace it with an std::vector<int> or even a plain int[] array. maybe a bitfield could be a candidate too, but that is too low level in my opinion.

in the long run I think, that wxSmith has to be gradually rewritten. it is too error prone, to hard too understand, too hard to extend, too brittle, way too low level without any need. too many language noise covers the real structure of the plugin, and the distinct parts are way too interdependent. a lot of work...

do you want me to change the patch, or have you already done that?

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 10:11:53 pm »
I forgot:

could you confirm that after the application of the patch wxSmith is working correctly?

any changes from std::vector<bool> to another and better solution could be made later on.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 11:50:49 pm »
in the long run I think, that wxSmith has to be gradually rewritten. it is too error prone, to hard too understand, too hard to extend, too brittle, way too low level without any need. too many language noise covers the real structure of the plugin, and the distinct parts are way too interdependent. a lot of work...
There is no doubt about all these issues, but we need a volunteer who will spend all this time doing the work. :)

do you want me to change the patch, or have you already done that?
I've made it compile with a simple wxArray<int>, but I don't know if it works correctly.
If you can test this it will be the best fix for the problem.