Author Topic: codeblocks wxWidgets 3.0 on openSuSe 13.2  (Read 12985 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Re: codeblocks wxWidgets 3.0 on openSuSe 13.2
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 01:55:07 pm »
important:

I can test any of these patches against wx wxcontainers

I only have wx STL at my disposition right now

I do try to keep all changes as "harmless" as possible under this aspect
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 03:51:14 pm »
BTW, I have a branch that have some of these changes applied. I've forgotten about it. I'm trying to resurrect it. I'll post a link when I have something that builds.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 03:57:40 pm »
OK, I wont have time this weekend to prepare all the other patches...

till now these are almost all for minor plugins.

there are some 20 more in the line.

one more complicated for squirrel and some more intrusive for wxSmith.

all together leave c::b in working state both with wx normal and wx STL as far as I can see...

there are occasional crashes when splitting and unsplitting editors, but I think they are due to something in the wxaui, and not related to wx3.0 STD. also sometimes a strange effect, that when having  splitted the view, that newly opened files just show a grey editor (not blank, but grey, no editor at all in the new tab). I think that comes out of the same wxaui corner...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:06:57 pm by frithjofh »
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 06:53:06 pm »
You can check this branch https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/tree/builds/wx31
It has everything except wxsmith fixed when building against wx3.1+stl.

If you can post patches against this branch it will be good.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 05:38:22 pm »
I can do that, but my aim was to make changes to the wx3 wxcontainer c::b  code base  directly as to make it compile both against a wx3 wxcontainer and the wx STL

so there would be only one c::b code base without branches. the changes are not that big as to need a separate branch at all...

what do you think?

btw: in order to achieve this someone would have to test the patches compiling against wx wxcontainer lib

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »
for my understanding: are there people, which rely on building c::b only against wx containers without using anything of STL? which really can't have any STL element in the code base?

and why?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 12:50:07 am »
The branch contains a codebase that has almost everything compile in wx2.8, wx3.0 and wx3.0+stl.
The only thing that doesn't compile is wxsmith.

This is a working branch, if you tell me that the changes are ok, they'll land in svn's trunk.
Using git branches is easier (at least for me) to test changes that are not 100% ready.

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 11:03:05 am »
but the branch you told me doesn't even compile...

it hits an error in toolsmanager.cpp with the ToolsList::node same as the normal svn branch...

am I understanding something wrong?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 01:11:32 pm »
but the branch you told me doesn't even compile...

it hits an error in toolsmanager.cpp with the ToolsList::node same as the normal svn branch...

am I understanding something wrong?

Do you know how to checkout a branch in git?

Sounds like you are on the master branch instead of builds/wx31 branch.

Note: I have never used the "builds/wx31" branch so I might be wrong.

It could be instead that he never fixed the branch "builds/wx31" for full STL wxWidgets building.

Edit: I will try building on Windows and Debian later this week and see if it builds for me.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:13:53 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 03:03:08 pm »
omg... thx

I didn't check out the branch... just forgot...  ::)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 11:03:42 am »
if somebody could help please...

when I compile the wx3.1 branch it does compile, but it takes very long. the process seems to pause always in the line in the log below, where it quotes that the particular directory was not a working copy. I am not fit in git, I don't know, why c::b is complaining here...

Code
-------------- Build: tinyXML in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: AutoRevision in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: ConsoleRunner in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Squirrel in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Squirrel std lib in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: SqPlus in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: scintilla in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.
Running target pre-build steps
build_tools/autorevision/autorevision30 +wx +int +t . include/autorevision.h
svn: E155007:  '/home/fri/Programmieren/codeblocks_sf/src' is not a working copy
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history
svn: E155007: '/home/fri/Programmieren/codeblocks_sf/src' is not a working copy

-------------- Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: src in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Abbreviations in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: AStyle in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Autosave in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Compiler depslib in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Compiler in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Debugger in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Code-completion in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Class wizard in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Default MIME handler in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Occurrences Highlighting in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Open files list in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Projects-workspaces importer in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: Scripted wizard in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: To-do in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.
Process terminated with status 0 (1 minute(s), 25 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 25 second(s))

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
For some reason getting the revision from git is slow. It won't harm if you remove this line in the post/pre build steps.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 12:48:37 pm »
I've pushed the debugger patch in the branch.
Do we need any more patches for none wxsmith parts of the project?
Do you plan to post a patch for wxsmith?

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »
yes I plan to post more patches. it is just that I have to do my normal life and work too, so my contribution come a little irregular, sorry for that.

I specially want to send in those patches for wxSmith...

right now I have a problem with the debugger plugin, I don't seem to be able to understand or track down.

I have everything built with wx3.0 STL and working so far. but if I have a project open, then close it and open the same or another project, c::b crashes on me. it tracks to the menu of the debugger plugin. concrete to the function that recreates the target menu, the point, where the plugin wants to delete the menu items in the "Select target" submenu.

This also happens when trying to release the plugin. the crash report always lists this function

Code
void DoClearTargetMenu();

when I out-comment the line actually deleting the item c::b ceases to crash. naturally then the menu doesn't get cleared and opening a new project adds the new targets to the existing.

I attach a crash report

perhaps it is only my version of wx3.0.2

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 03:25:27 pm »
just tried to send some git updates for wxSmith.

but as I still have no experience with git and the gui I use, please tell me if something actually arrived...