Author Topic: Plugin workspace no longer compiles  (Read 13325 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Plugin workspace no longer compiles
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:33:08 pm »
I updated to svn 1813 and tried to compile the contrib
workspace and get the following errs on XP

Code
-------------- Build: help_plugin in Help Plugin (wx2.6) ---------------
Compiling: help_common.cpp
c:\Temp/ccgVaaaa.o: In function `ZN10HelpCommon19LoadHelpFilesVectorERSt6vectorISt4pairI8wxStringS2_ESaIS3_EE':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7Manager3GetEP7wxFrame'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK7Manager16GetConfigManagerERK8wxString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:14: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager7ReadIntERK8wxStringi'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:15: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager17EnumerateSubPathsERK8wxString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:19: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEmptyString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:19: undefined reference to `_imp___ZplRK8wxStringPKw'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:19: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager4ReadERK8wxStringS2_'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEmptyString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_imp___ZplRK8wxStringPKw'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager4ReadERK8wxStringS2_'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:17: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:17: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
c:\Temp/ccgVaaaa.o: In function `ZN10HelpCommon19SaveHelpFilesVectorERSt6vectorISt4pairI8wxStringS2_ESaIS3_EE':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:31: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7Manager3GetEP7wxFrame'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:31: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK7Manager16GetConfigManagerERK8wxString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:32: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager17EnumerateSubPathsERK8wxString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager13DeleteSubPathERK8wxString'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxString6FormatEPKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:51: undefined reference to `_imp___ZplRK8wxStringPKw'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:51: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager5WriteERK8wxStringS2_b'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:52: undefined reference to `_imp___ZplRK8wxStringPKw'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:52: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager5WriteERK8wxStringS2_b'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:56: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13ConfigManager5WriteERK8wxStringi'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:56: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/help_plugin/help_common.cpp:56: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
c:\Temp/ccgVaaaa.o: In function `ZNSt6vectorIPN14BlockAllocatorI15CodeBlocksEventLj75ELj0EE11LinkedBlockIS1_EESaIS5_EE5beginEv':
C:/Usr/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/stl_iterator.h:(.text$_ZN12wxStringBase4InitEv[wxStringBase::Init()]+0x8): undefined reference to `_imp__wxEmptyString'
C:/Usr/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/stl_iterator.h:(.text$_ZN12wxStringBaseC2EPKw[wxStringBase::wxStringBase(wchar_t const*)]+0x7): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxStringBase4nposE'
C:/Usr/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/stl_iterator.h:(.text$_ZN12wxStringBaseC2EPKw[wxStringBase::wxStringBase(wchar_t const*)]+0x27): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxStringBase8InitWithEPKwjj'
C:/Usr/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/stl_iterator.h:(.text$_ZN8wxStringaSERKS_[wxString::operator=(wxString const&)]+0x14): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxStringBaseaSERKS_'
C:/Usr/CodeBlocks/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../libmingw32.a(main.o):main.c:(.text+0x106): undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
24 errors, 0 warnings

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Plugin workspace no longer compiles
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 10:50:52 pm »
[...] get the following errs on XP [...]
Same here with my own plugins. My intention was to update them to the new BuildModuleMenu method but now I receive exactly those errors. Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:53:37 pm »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:58:37 pm »
Well, tiwag, I tried that solution. And now codeblocks wont compile.
I'm dead in the water until I can get a nightly build.

I probably did something wrong, but I find this a "deadly"
solution.

thanks for helping anyway
pecan

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:00:12 pm »
nightly is out, but tiwag just posted it's bogus  :o

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:03:03 pm »
i could neither compile CB nor any of the contribs with rev 1813 - but all went well with my last backup copy which was rev 1800

now i have a rev 1813 with reverted cmdlinegenerator.cpp down to rev 1810 and all builds fine again

maybe this all happened by chance ?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 11:09:23 pm »
well this is what I did.
Both on my laptop and PC, CB was at 1775. I svn updated both systems and started building (to 1813).

PC :
1) CB itself
2) -> N) : for every contrib plug-in : load it's cbp and build, unload
N + 1) update.bat --> no problems at all -> this is the nightly build

Laptop :
I have a workspace which consists out of CB project, and the projects of all contrib plug-ins :
1) rebuild workspace
2) update.bat --> start CB, CB claimed copystrings plug-in was using old version of SDK, tried to rebuild the copystringsd project --> same errors as others have with plug-ins.
3) AGAIN update.bat -> could build copystrings plug-in

I have seen this also in the past, that when building from 'this' workspace, such error might happen. No idea why. Normally also on the PC I use such a workspace as on my laptop, but not today : I still need to update it because of the name changes of the cbp's.

[EDIT] I just realised something, all this is correct but then again also not to the point, this build is done (off course) with CB rev 1775  , tsss , stupid me

[EDIT2] : just tried to rebuild for example devpak plug-in with my rev 1813 -> ok
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:20:40 pm by killerbot »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 11:27:46 pm »
Same here with my own plugins. [...]
Nevermind, I updated to rev. 1816 and works again, my plugins compile. How often will this happen to me? The minute after I decided to post to the forum there is another revision... I guess I should really believe in my sig... :lol: :lol: :lol: Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:44:31 pm »
Well , this is the extra code added (for adding current dir to include paths) :

wxFileName fileCwd = file;
         wxString fileInc = fileCwd.GetPath();
         QuoteStringIfNeeded(fileInc);
         fileInc.Prepend(_T("-I"));
    command.Replace(_T("$includes"), m_Inc[target] + fileInc);
    command.Replace(_T("$res_includes"), m_RC[target] + fileInc);

in revision 1814 the first part got changes (to fix a debugger issue!) :
    if (!fileInc.IsEmpty())
    {
    }
-> the if test

If this has anything to do with the errors people got here, I don't know. I think that after you get a new revision and you build cbp, you first need to update.bat (but then this might cause the not yet rebuilded contrib plug-ins to fail to load, because of some incompatible change, or sdk version change), and then rebuild the contrib plug-ins and do update.bat again.
Why : I think it's because they want(need to) to link to the just newly created codeblocks.dll !!!
Doing everything in 1 go, might sometimes cause problems. Maybe a dev can explain this completely so we all understand. ;-)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:54:22 pm »

in revision 1814 the first part got changes (to fix a debugger issue!) :
    if (!fileInc.IsEmpty())   <--------------------------------------------------- this was added in REV 1814 and makes the difference ! ( respectively the troubles in 1813 ) ------------
    {
    }
-> the if test

If this has anything to do with the errors people got here, I don't know...
i could imagine, that QuoteStringIfNeeded() or Prepend() fails to operate on an empty string - maybe from there the troubles came in rev 1813

the svn log message with "fix a debugger issue" is maybe not fully complete  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:55:53 pm by tiwag »

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 12:09:57 am »
... I think it's because they want(need to) to link to the just newly created codeblocks.dll ...

the import library and dll are created before building the plugins, all should go well - and went well the last month - in one go .

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 12:13:51 am »
Up and running again.

Completely wiped out local /trunk
Downloaded nightly, checked out 1816
CB compiled fine, so did the contrib workspace.

So did my local plugins, including mine and tiwags version
of cbDragScroll.

Seems that more is "shining" then is let on. Who cares. It works.

thanks
pecan

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 12:19:16 am »
which nightly ? todays (that one contains what could be considered the 'offending code'). ;-)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 12:24:18 am »
I grabbed one whos about/info says its svn 1800, I dont know which
url I used now.

pecan

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 12:25:20 am »
I just tested again on my PC with the 1813 and indeed also the problems. The fix for the debugger problem, is also the fix for this problem it seems (so rev 1814 !!!).