Author Topic: The 14 September 2015 build (10499) is out.  (Read 32189 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 14 September 2015 build (10499) is out.
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc492-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/mingwm10_gcc492-TDM.7z

The 14 September 2015 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2015/CB_20150914_rev10499_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 1.26.0

Resolved Fixed:

• applied patch "fixes some comments" by stahta01
  • applied patch "Adds guards around sections that do NOT work with wxWidgets 3.0" by stahta01
  • fixed issue as described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20459.0.html
  • fixed build of wxSmithConribItems under Windows with project files
  • CC: add a space between '*/&' and the next token when reading parentheses
  • SRC: fix tickets #207 Codeblocks crashes when right click toolbars
  • CC: Fix #210 "&" and "*" are differently parsed in the CC's parser
  • CC: fix bug that the * or & sign is removed in the inserted text
  • UI: Related to issue #207 - Add asserts to the disconnect methods, so failures when disconnecting events will be detected
  • unix: Add Generic Name in the Desktop file (fixes ticket #200)
  • CC: when reading the function argument, add space after inner ')'
  • CC: fix a bug that GetBaseArgs() stop on an inner comma char
  • CC: fix bug #16 remove the __attribute__(xxx) in function arguments
  • CC: Apply patch SF #199 suppression of the multiasterisk comments
  • CC: do not reset the recorded macro expansion stack when it exceed the limit

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 14 September 2015 build (10499) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:55 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my debian-repo.
    These packages are build against wxWidgets 3.0 from Debian repos and mght not be as stable than the versions build against wx2.8, but there are no wx2.8 packages available (at least for stable) from official repos.
    Please test and give feedback.

Fedora packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems (fc21, fc22, fc23 and rawhide), RedHat/CentOS 5 and 6 packages (also 32-bit and 64-bit) and RedHat/CentOS 7 packages (64-bit) can be found in my copr-repo.
    Instructions how to use it can be found on my server  or on copr.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:47 pm »
    Just would like to ask if anyone tried this nightly from Jen's repository on Ubuntu without any major problem ? My last trial I had many (graphic mostly) problems  I don't know why, I suspect it was due to wxwidget 3 but that may be also because it's ubuntu. Maybe the guards around wxwidget 3 fix it ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 02:15:12 pm »
    Just would like to ask if anyone tried this nightly from Jen's repository on Ubuntu without any major problem ? My last trial I had many (graphic mostly) problems  I don't know why, I suspect it was due to wxwidget 3 but that may be also because it's ubuntu. Maybe the guards around wxwidget 3 fix it ?
    If you talk about the guards mentioned in the first post, these are irrelevant and should not be in the list of changes for this nightly, as fara as I know, because these are guards in the configuration of the windows-installer.
    Which version of ubuntu do you use and which desktop environment ?

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:27:00 pm »
    I am on an ubuntu 15.04 running www.i3wm.org. I currently use svn 10234 and I've never had any major issue with nightlies except with the last one I tried 2/3 months ago where toolbars would disappear, panels too etc... I have not had the chance to try a new nightly since I've been intensively using codeblocks since then and didn't want to break my install.
    I will wait to see if there are some answers and if there is none will upgrading again :)

Offline shurick

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »
    Packages for openSUSE (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.
    Packages for openSUSE http://codeblocks.esy.es  (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:06 am »
    I finally tried installing and 30 sec after, I try to compile ("custom Makefile") and it crashed (don't have the computer now but it was something like a crash popup "argv* empty" then clicked on "continue" andcodeblocks froze). Going back to my previous nightly :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:02:37 am »
    If you don't post a backtrace the chance for it being fixed is smaller, than if you post.

Also there is some bug/data race in the CC plugin that triggers on the first load of the project, but of course it is random and cannot be traced easily. (this issue is not new)
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:35 am »
    I would always try it without CC first and see what happens.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:16:01 am »
    My understanding is that there is a transition to wxwidgets 3 that make the nightly more unstable. I mean in my previous attempt CB was  totally unusable, having the UI disappear by pieces + random crashes. I have so many problems with it that I doubt other users don't hit some of them. This nightly seems to be the same. If it's just me being really unlucky I will be happy to provide backtraces (on friday probably).
    Once again thanks for the great work.

The problem on my office computer was not due to the CC but really when I launched the custom Makefile compilation.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:59 am »
    Running codeblocks -v might help show better backtraces.
    Lots of wx3 things have been fixed, but I'm sure there are many more to fix.
    Also if you have wx28 you don't need to use the wx3 based nightly.
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 02:31:39 pm »
    I didn't know the backtrace was retreived by the program, that's fantastic ! It appears when I click the "compile" button with a project that runs a custom command "./waf build".

I've been using the nightly since then and the display problems I had with a previous nightly vanished or so it seems.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 03:55:23 pm »
    I have I just noticed that sometimes when moving/resizing the window (I use a tiling manager so it's more like when going from tabs to a stack window disposition for instance), the client window was not redrawn as it should. If I change the disposition then it gets redrawn correctly.
    This happens only with codeblocks so I don't think it's a bug of my WM (i3wm.org).
    Here is a screenshot, on the right the panel is not drawn:
    https://transfer.sh/ZmBIr/2015-09-18-155154-1916x1055-scrot.png

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 09:01:41 pm »
    @teto:
    Can you post a simple project that can be used to reproduce the problem?
    It seems there is an empty command somewhere, but we need to debug it to find the real cause.

For the i3wm issue, can you post the exact steps to reproduce it?

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 03:19:39 pm »
    I uploaded the cb project here:
    https://transfer.sh/EZGuz/dce2.cbp
    When you go to "Build options", you have on the left the hierarchy :
    dce
    |-Debug
    |-Release
    In the "'Make' commands" tab I only filled the toplevel "Build project/target" command. If I fill the other commands "COmpile single file" etc..., the "argv" crash disappears.

Now I also noticed a new bug, when I open this same "Build options" window and goes from "Debug" to "dce" I have another bug (backtrace enclosed).

To reproduce the missing redraw on i3 (my guess is that it should be doable with other WM like awesome, gnome if you have a sudden resize etc...), open codeblocks and a terminal (or anything else) side by side, focus the terminal and press ALT+E (or WIN+E) to go to a tab layout, you should notice that codeblocks doesn't draw everything.
    If I do the same while focusing cb, then everything is drawn properly. I don't know how WM/applciations work but either i3 fails to send an update to codeblocks because it's not focused or maybe codeblocks should catch focus events and redraw itself.