Author Topic: How to compile gdb?  (Read 9023 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
How to compile gdb?
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:58:08 pm »
Hello,

I have tried to compile gdb 6.4 to see if it works with C::B. Unfortunaltely I have some problems with the command make:

configure: WARNING: no enhanced curses library found; disabling TUI
configure: error: "*** Gdb does not support native target i686-pc-mingw32"
make[1]: *** [configure-gdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/gdb-6.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

To compile gdb, I use MYSYS and MinGW. It seems that other people got problems (similar or not) when trying to compile gdb with MinGW. Did someone of you successfully compile gdb? I am not sure if there is an easier alternative to build it.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to compile gdb?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:04:59 pm »
Gdb does not support native target i686-pc-mingw32
That's quite a definite message... you might try cygwin, but then you have those dll dependencies... :(
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »
Gdb does not support native target i686-pc-mingw32
That's quite a definite message... you might try cygwin, but then you have those dll dependencies... :(
Yes, I have thought the same too, but hoped to be wrong. I have found a website that offers a set of patches to port the GNU debugger gdb-5.1 to the mingw environment. But gdb 5.1 is too old.

How it was built gdb 6.3 that comes with C::B?

Michael

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 06:20:14 pm »
Ask Danny Smith... :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 07:04:30 pm »
After a bit more of search, I have found the answer :). I have looked at the MinGWiki and searched for gdb. VoilĂ . I got this interesting and helpful article. Why I have not searched in the MinGWiki before... :roll:

Michael