Author Topic: Strange Behaviour with Use Custom Makefile  (Read 5121 times)

Stevo

Strange Behaviour with Use Custom Makefile
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:04:41 pm »
Hi,

Ive got Rev 1804, and ive selected "Use Custom Makefile" ive checked all the boxes, and adjusted all of the command parameters and it runs my custom (non make) makefile just fine.  This is great, and does exactly what i want.

The problem is, after the make finishes, it goes of and starts to individually compile the files in the project.  Why?  Ive told it to build with a custom makefile, so i dont understand why the environment is trying to build as well?

I looked into compilergcc.cpp to see if i could see the problem, but nothing jumped out at me.

Any suggestions?

Stevo

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: Strange Behaviour with Use Custom Makefile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:19:01 pm »
Hi,

Ive got Rev 1804, and ive selected "Use Custom Makefile" ive checked all the boxes, and adjusted all of the command parameters and it runs my custom (non make) makefile just fine.  This is great, and does exactly what i want.

The problem is, after the make finishes, it goes of and starts to individually compile the files in the project.  Why?  Ive told it to build with a custom makefile, so i dont understand why the environment is trying to build as well?

I looked into compilergcc.cpp to see if i could see the problem, but nothing jumped out at me.

Any suggestions?

Stevo

until this is automated, right-click in the project-tree "Management->Projects->(Your Project name)->Sources->(Your module name e.g. main.cpp)

and select ->Properties->General

there deselect the checkboxes "Compile file" and "Link file"

additional (but not necessary) you can set your Project->Properties->Targets->Type to "Commands only"

hth
--tiwag
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 03:22:03 pm by tiwag »