Author Topic: C::B Can't find the installation folder for Intel C/C++ Compiler  (Read 3046 times)

Offline phazall

• Single posting newcomer
EDIT: The problem has been fixed. I went to Project > Build Options and then set the compiler to the desired compiler.

I can't compile my program because I'm missing the Intel C/C++ compiler executable.

I don't even have that compiler installed on my windows 8.1 64-bit system! And, I have the MinGW compiler installed. I have in the compiler settings menu the GNU GCC compiler set as the default compiler, among a list of a plethora of other compilers to choose from, most of which I have never installed.

I have tried resetting my compiler settings to default, but C::B still gets hung up on the fact that it can't find the Intel C/C++ compiler.

Here's what it looks like with the default MinGW settings:

And this is the little bubble that pops up after I hit "OK":

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:27:40 pm by phazall »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: C::B Can't find the installation folder for Intel C/C++ Compiler
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 08:32:51 pm »
Can you post the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
Reading your description I'm not really sure what you're complaining about.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline phazall

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:37:42 pm »
Certainly. I'm trying to compile a simple "Hello World" program, but am unable to do so because I am missing the Intel C/C++ compiler. However, I want to use the MinGW compiler. I don't even have the Intel C/C++ compiler installed on my system. I've included some pictures of my system in the above post.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:50:06 pm »
Are you sure mingw is the designated compiler for your project/target in 'project -> build options' menu item?

Offline phazall

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:55:37 pm »
If by designated compiler you mean that I have set it as the default compiler, then yes, I am sure.

In fact, when I arbitrarily select another compiler in the drop-down menu, and set that as the default compiler, then click "OK", I still get the same popup shown in the second picture in my first post.

EDIT:

Sorry, I misread your comment. No, I did not. I switched it to that and then reset my settings to default. Everything works great! Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:26:39 pm by phazall »