Author Topic: graphics.h  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Tom233145

• Multiple posting newcomer
graphics.h
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:59:43 pm »
I would like to know if the graphics.h header file is supported. I have done all of the stuff to set it up and everything, but it still says there is no such file or directory. If graphics.h is not supported, what could be an alternative to this to learn how to code with graphics?

Thanks for any help,

Tom233145 ;)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: graphics.h
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 08:25:34 pm »
Codeblocks is not a compiler.... Codeblocks is a IDE.
You can use C::B with different compilers. Header files are part of the compiler. We don't know what compiler do you use, so we can't say if your compiler supports grapics.h.

If i remember correctly than graphics.h was part of the borland compiler and this is a really old compiler. I don't know if this is supported on newer windows (i even don't know if you are using windows)

If you have used the installer provided by the c::b site than you are using minwg gcc an this compiler doesn't support graphics.h

greetings

Offline Tom233145

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »
Sorry about the lack of information... I am using the GNU GCC Compiler on Windows 7. Do you know of something  I can use to learn how to code with graphics?

~Tom233145

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 12:00:52 pm »
for graphics in console (what graphics.h was) i don't know any alternative...
For graphic for platform independent you can use ogre3d for 3d, allegro for 2d or simply opengl.
If you want to make some window stylish things you can use wxWidgets or QT... simply google and decide what do you want to do and choose the best fitting library.

greetings