Author Topic: Create project using a library project from Wizard.  (Read 2195 times)

MistaGNerd

Create project using a library project from Wizard.
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:09:52 am »
Hello,
i'm trying to create a library project via the Wizard, and use said library in a console project. Although I tried all 3 types of library project (Dynamic, Shared and Static) to keep things simple lets say I tried using an unmodified Shared Library and attempted to add it to my Console project. I always get a "No such file or directory" with my include <testLib> in the header of my main file and no matter how I try I can't seem to get it to work. As a result I can't call the add function in the default lib. I think i'm setting up the linker incorrectly in the project build options. Any help or link to a guide would be greatly appreciated.

-Mista G Nerd

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Create project using a library project from Wizard.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 01:40:33 am »
Read in the compiler manual how include paths work (-I option in gcc).
The add the required paths in Project -> Build options -> Search paths -> Compiler.
When you get to the linking stage you'll probably have to add the correct linker search paths.
It is in the same place but the linker tab.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]