Author Topic: Opening some .cpp source files freezes code::blocks after 2-5 seconds.  (Read 3569 times)

Offline AnotherWindowsCasual

• Single posting newcomer
Attempting to open any of the .cpp source files from http://www.gametutorials.com/tutorials/win32-tutorials/ causes the program to almost instantly freeze and eventually crash. Any other files, including the openGL tutorials from the same site, and anything i have written myself, does not cause this behavior.

Is there any logical or clear reason for this? I attempted to search the sourceforge bug report, which for some reason was displaying the same results for any search i tried, and not allowing me to create an account.

Version is 13.12 32bit, on windows 10 10074 64bit.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Can you post the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
I've tried the first tutorial and it opened correctly.

Have you tried a recent night build?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AnotherWindowsCasual

• Single posting newcomer
A bit more experimentation showed me this is only happening when visual studio 2013 is set as the default compiler, or if the default compiler is changed after opening the file. ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC ). Should the compiler be even doing anything when a file is opened?
This also happens on windows 7 as well as 10, but opens normally with the tdm-gcc compiler.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Asking again - please post the exact and detailed steps to reproduce the problem.
Something like 1. do this, 2. do that, etc. The chance for somebody trying to reproduce a problem by vague description is minimal.

Also please try with the latest nightly build.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]