Author Topic: Spellchecker Issues  (Read 45841 times)

Offline Khram

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • 3D-tensor mathematics - vector space
    • ShipDesign
Spellchecker Issues
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:22:29 am »
--
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:54:43 pm by Khram »
C++ & Fortran in MinGW-GCC-4.3.3 & Equation-GCC-13.2 with CB-13456

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Spellchecker Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:02:21 am »
Khram: Are you going to cooperate and describe you problem with details this time? I'm asking this for a third time! If you don't describe the problem with details, post example files, etc, no one will fix your problem.

Until now, no archive repository. Interestingly, there has been corrected checking Russian spelling encoded Win-1251.
  >:( - Again misery and refund on 9958 version. Here, too, Russian orthography is faulty.
I couldn't understand what is your problem.
Can you paraphrase this in a more understandable way?

Please return option "-funsigned-char" when compiling and assembling the Spell-plugin. Maybe it back to life for a simple eight-bit encoding win-1251 of comments in a source codes

++ This is last year's problem, but I'm not ready to deploy the entire system programming to self solving it. I just computers Win-8.1 (64) and Win-7 (32).

Kham:
Looking at the svn history I don't think we've ever used this option to compile the spell checker.
If you have a particular problem and it is not reported to the sf.net project page, please do so and post a link here. If it is post a link, so we can look at it.
But you're posting a message that has almost no meaning in a second night build topic! We cannot help if you are not cooperative!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:05:15 pm by MortenMacFly »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:12 am »
Khram: Of course it haven't changed, you've not described what the problem really is and how to reproduce it. The status will be the same until you do it or someone else is able to give us a way to reproduce it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:07:25 pm by MortenMacFly »
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:43:59 pm »
Khram:
Keep in mind that most people here use english like encodings (only).
So it is best to post what is the encoding of the file you're seeing the problem with.
And probably even better post an example file and the appropriate dictionary files that should match it.

Luckily for you I think I'm able to reproduce it, so I'll see what is going on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:07:08 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline janissl

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »
I showed the picture that SpellChekk confused in a letter, and should understand the words. I think that the problem in sign chars instead of unsigned bytes. What may not be understand ???

I guess the spellcheck is designed for checking strings in your code i.e. text strings displayed for users of your application. What do you write in comments is up to a developer.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:52 pm by MortenMacFly »
In specialibus generalia quaerimus

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 04:59:15 pm »
I guess the spellcheck is designed for checking strings in your code i.e. text strings displayed for users of your application. What do you write in comments is up to a developer.
Wrong. The spellchecker do check both comments and strings. At least this is how it works for english+utf8.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:45 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline janissl

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 06:05:32 pm »
Yes, I was wrong. Unfortunately, the same issue also applies to the Latvian (lv_LV, encoding: utf-8). No matter - is this a code or a comment.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:38 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 06:11:21 pm »
While we're talking about the spellchecker, does anybody else run into constant problems with it incorrectly flagging spelling errors?  It seems that it happens to me often, especially if I'm copying/pasting text/comments.  When this happens, it will claim the words are misspelled until I make any change to the word, even if it's something as simple as adding and removing a space character to the end of the word.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:32 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:48 pm »
I think, I've never seen this. :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:23 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:23:14 pm »
Thinking about this some more since, does Code::Blocks use different dictionaries based on the detected language of the environment (ie. Windows' locale)?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:14 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 11:54:04 pm »
Thinking about this some more since, does Code::Blocks use different dictionaries based on the detected language of the environment (ie. Windows' locale)?

IIRC, CB has a settings that picks the dictionary used by the spell checker.
But, the character encoding used by the OS/file might be causing the problem based on what I read on this board somewhere.
No idea if the default OS character encoding has any possibility of causing the issue.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:08 pm by MortenMacFly »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:09 am »
As far as I could understand the code:
1. Every dictionary is stored in its own encoding
2. The encoding is not utf8, but some language specific (probably to safe some space)
3. CB tries to convert the words from the encoding it has detected for the file to the encoding used by the dictionary, or vice versa. This is done in order to find matching words.
4. I doubt that the system encoding has anything to do with this process.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:01 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline janissl

Re: Spellchecker Issuest.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 04:31:50 pm »
1. Every dictionary is stored in its own encoding
2. The encoding is not utf8, but some language specific (probably to safe some space)
3. CB tries to convert the words from the encoding it has detected for the file to the encoding used by the dictionary, or vice versa. This is done in order to find matching words.
4. I doubt that the system encoding has anything to do with this process.

No, there must be another cause. For example, the Latvian dictionary is stored in UTF-8 with no BOM (see hunspell_lv.png in the attachment). The source file is also using the UTF-8. Even changing all words to the nominative case as they appear in the .dic file does not help to get rid of the curly red underlines.

I guess, some specific characters are causing this behaviour for some reason (see lv_strings_false_misspelled.png in the attachment). In addition, some words are underlined partly.

My default system encoding is Windows-1257 and the codepage for the Windows Command Prompt is 775 (the default Windows settings for the Baltic languages) but I think the Code::Blocks should not use those two encodings in any way if I have set explicitly the UTF-8 for the "Use encoding when opening files" option.

Playing with options in Editor Settings (checking-unchecking checkboxes and radio buttons under Encoding) did not change anything in the false error detection.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:05:52 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline janissl

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »
However, the correct place to discuss the SpellChecker issues is the forum for plugins development: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11307.0.html...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:05:44 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 04:44:29 am »
The encoding for a particular dictionary is specified in the .aff file.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:05:37 pm by MortenMacFly »