Author Topic: Problem with colors  (Read 3285 times)

Offline koean

• Single posting newcomer
Problem with colors
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:47:42 am »
Hi there!

I'm having a problem with colors in my C::B. I'm trying to get the background of my build log tab to be black (like the actual background of it, not the tab itself). I'm also trying to get the Management tab to turn black too but none of these seem to have options that are visible. Is there anyway to do this? I'm still learning and the white just really hurts my eyes. I don't have the money for a new monitor or anything and this is the simplest solution I have :/

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Problem with colors
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:23:04 am »
You have to switch to a darker theme for your whole os. There is no other option, except of course changing the code.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline koean

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 03:59:47 am »
You have to switch to a darker theme for your whole os. There is no other option, except of course changing the code.

What would changing the code entail? Has anyone made a guide on it before that you know of?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 06:14:34 am »

What would changing the code entail? Has anyone made a guide on it before that you know of?

Do you know enough to build Code::Blocks from source?
If no, I would not try to change the CB code to enable a dark theme.

If yes, I might think of doing it; if I knew C++ better and wxWidgets better than I do.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org