Author Topic: Unicode in Windows API  (Read 3565 times)

russose

Unicode in Windows API
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:50:52 pm »
Hallo,

For pocketpc, Windows API functions are only implemented in UNICODE.
I compiled my application in ANSI with Code::Block and it works very fine. But to debug on my PC my pocketpc application, I would like to use EXACLTY the same code that’s why I try to compiled it defining “UNICODE” in compiler option to use the Unicode version of Windows API.

And then, my application gives me a segmentation fault with the following (it is only a part):

#1 006C50FD   GHOST_SystemWinCE::s_wndProc(hwnd=0x70252, msg=36, wParam=0, lParam=2291016) (../../../../WinCE/intern/ghost/intern/Win32/WinCE/GHOST_SystemWinCE.cpp:600)
#2 77D13A5F   USER32!CreateWindowExA() (C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll:??)
#3 77D13B2E   USER32!CreateWindowExA() (C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll:??)
#4 77D15874   UserClientDllInitialize() (C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll:??)
#5 77D1A482   USER32!RegisterWindowMessageA() (C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll:??)
#6 77F4108F   ntdll!LdrDestroyOutOfProcessImage() (ntdll.dll:??)

We can see that ANSI version of API functions are used (CreateWindowExA and Register-WindowMessageA instead of CreateWindowExW, RegisterWindowMessageW).

Everywhere else, Unicode version are good used.

I am sure to define UNICODE everywhere and only these two functions are Ansi instead of Unicode. So the problem is coming from a top level library like win32api or another.

Has someone any idea about it? I will better check the library I used to link with my applica-tion. I also found:

http://libunicows.sourceforge.net/

I will try also.

Is there maybe a compiler option to define to say mingw to use Unicode API functions? Or a special library to link?

Thanks for your help,
Salvatore

russose

Re: Unicode in Windows API
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:56:11 am »
Hallo,

I solved the problem... I was linking in my code (to control PocketPC hardware buttons) against coredll! As soon as I exclude this library, of course it works :=)

Salvatore